Thursday, February 1, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 1

Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed.

The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise.

Life is like an old time journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed.

The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride

Gordon B. Hinckley

GOOD MORNING !

Life is so precious and a thrilling ‘ride’ to be sure. When I did a search on LIFE – A THRILLING RIDE - I got results like, roller coaster rides, race car rides, dog sled rides, and even whitewater rafting rides. I guess if you think about it, Life is like all of the above.

Roller coasters remind me of all the ups and downs.

Race cars remind me of how fast the time speeds by

Dog sleds of course remind me of all my critters

White water rafting??? Well that reminds me of the times I made it through the rough waters and came out safe and secure.

Today I’m going to just coast along on my ‘ride’ and enjoyit !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The most important trip you may take

in life is meeting people halfway.

Henry Boye

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes coasting osunds good today :>} still happy your dad got his surgery

Anonymous said...

Good thinking these are so true.Life is as you have written.Guess we have to coast along it's the only way I feel.Thank God for whatever comes to us.Make the best of what is thrown at us.Hope you too get a few smiles and a little sunshine today,And Well wishes to Dad.Take Care God Bless have a lovely day.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Thinking about it, I coast most days now ,,it must be an age thing lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

For me it has been quite a "ride", but my days of rafting, rollercoasters, car racing and sled racing are long behind me now. I have put in my time and now just want to sit back and enjoy the scenery as I "coast" by. I sure like your Thought for Today. It is a good one.

Anonymous said...

I liked this entry. Life really is a journey!
Hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

What good analogies. Loved the entry. : )

Angela