Thursday, February 8, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 8

What is love? No words can define it.

It's something so great, only God could design it.

Yes, love is beyond what man can define.

For love is immortal and God's gift is divine.

Helen Steiner Rice

Good Morning !

I’m longing for the smell of fresh air and warmth and the fragrance of Spring. This coming Sunday my two dulcimer buddies and I will be going to the Home and Flower Show.  I love the way it smells when you walk in the door. Fragrances that I have almost forgotten just fill the place much better than any of my scented candles can do.

They have blooming flowers galore and of course all sorts of model homes and DIY projects and crafts and just about anything you can imagine for the home. Definitely what I need to chase the Winter gloomies away. Here is a link if you’d like to see where we are going

http://www.homeandflower.com/ME2/Sites/Default.asp?SiteID=6817839757EF4441818726B97A2175A5

Our local Ground Hog didn’t see his shadow on Feb 2nd, so we should be getting an early Spring, but from the 10 day forecast from the weatherman, Winter will us all through next week with temps that barely make it into the 20’s.

Thought for Today

A rose can say I love you,

Orchids can enthrall,

But a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,

Oh my, that says it all!

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah spring normally comes in six weeks and if its going to be early then they better get movingont he temps. man I wish we had home and garden shows in this area. I too long for some spring. sahre some pics iwth us please!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We have just had the worst snow in ten years according to the weather men and everything has ground to a halt.  I seem to remember when i was a kid you just put your boots on and got on with it.  Everything has shut down.  Schools never shut for school when i was a kid.  Still they have all been out playing in it, even my son and his wife who is 36.  LOL!
Jenny <><http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

At last we have snow too ,so hopefully the promise of an early spring is true and very welcome ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Love your thought for the day.  I could just picture it.
Have a great day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the beautiful smell of flowers.  I remember it now.  Can you take pics and show us the look of spring?  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I will check out the link. I wish I could say I was really looking forward to spring......but then I remember my allergies. : )

I'll check out the link.

Hope you're having a great day,
Angela