Wednesday, February 28, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 28

When I speak of doing something special for Lent, perhaps I only need to do one thing: to greet with reverence every person who crosses my path during the course of the day.

Some of the people I encounter are a great pleasure to see, and they always cause a smile. Others somehow manage to generate a feeling of dread. Isn't it a real act of generosity and self-sacrifice to greet these individuals with courtesy and gentleness? Isn't that making God increase and self decrease? Isn't it becoming less selfish and more selfless?

I'm not asked to perform miracles during Lent: only to give until God stops giving to me!

From one of my morning devotionals

Good Morning !

Over the Hump Day !

This week I’m trying to get my ‘clutter’ in shape a little here so my house will look a somewhat respectable when the ‘babes’ come on Sunday for my birthday celebration.

It’s amazing what I’ve accumulated since New Years. A stack of papers here, a few pairs of boots that never made it to the closet, a few books there and of course I’ve got those clothes that I took upstairs after I did the laundry that never did get put away.

Oh dear! I am quite lazy when I’m on my own. I’ve got this evening and two more to get it all done.

Work is ever the same – I always do the same things everyday of the week . It only gets more or less depending on the jobs we have. Right now I’d say we are mid-stage. Not really slow and not terribly busy. It’s a nice pace to keep.

Thought for Today

No day is unmeetable

If, on rising, our first thought

Is to thank God for the blessings

That His loving care has brought

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I passed two people in walmart Monday. As they were approaching In noticed they were 1 unkempt and 2 kind of diverted thier eyes especially with the two laidies ahead of me who were very well dressed. Looked like business women going to a meeting. Those ladies ignored them and As they came to me I decided to make eye contact and as I did they looked at me and then I smiled and nodded. You could see thier posture straighten and their eyes light up!!!!!!!!!!! They smiled and nodded back. I turned as they walked on by and glanced at them twice down the long fron isle of walmart. thier walk seemed chipper. thier head were up. I felt good and even if it did not last past the door for them which I hope they passed it on, it sure lasted for me throughout the day. I can still picture that smile on thier face. It brough tback the memores of the homelss man who had two dogs that I carried food and water and doggie treats in my truck for last summer. It made ME feel good to help him

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great that we have these little "incentives" to get our clutter under control.  I have often wondered just how bad it would get if I were on my own as you are.  Worse than you, I'd bet!

Anonymous said...

You are right in saying every day is the same I think for any woman.Well for any man too come to think of it if they are still working lets say.As for the clutter you will get there eventually only to find this time next year it is probably all back again LOL!!My day today sounds very much like the first paragraph in your posting.Should you read my latest posting this evening you will see what I mean.
I hope you get a few smiles too and a little sunshine as well.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I have always loved the phrase about self decreasing and God increasing in us. That`s something I pray for all the time.

Isn`t it amazing how clutter just happens so fast? lol I know what you mean!
hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

you have a great weekend. So sorry about not visiting more often. I have been so busy and then I got sick. I must say my house is not a clutter. I do not like things. I throw so many things away. My husband is always saying well don't we need that?