Saturday, February 24, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 24

Why don't people stop and think

Why don't they ever see...

That one of life's most perfect gifts

Is theirs each day, for free?

Take the time to watch a sunset

Or walk through a summer shower

There's nothing so important

That it cannot wait an hour...

Take the time to say a prayer

Make love or make a friend,

Play with children, read a book

The learning shouldn't end.

Take time to say "I'm sorry"

And learn how to forgive.

Let justice, love and loyalty

Dictate the way you live.

Take the time and use it well

Or one day when you wake;

You'll find that when you need it most

There's no time left to take!!

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Saturdays just aren’t what they used to be here. For the past month or so Saturdays are for spending time with my Dad. He still has not recovered to the point he was before the pacemaker surgery. My dad’s caregiver and my youngest sister has been staying with him constantly except for the one day I can give .

I’m glad that I can take the day and relieve her for awhile. He needs someone to be with him 24/7 and that is not an easy job. . The work isn’t hard, I don’t really do anything. much. I fix him what he wants to eat for lunch, make him a cup of coffee, I am by his side when he moves from one room to the next. I get the mail in . Just little things, but things he cannot do for himself.

I keep hoping that the next week will find him much stronger and that the time will come when he can stay alone again, but there is no guarantee of that. So you see, Saturday’s that used to be so common place, have become something more, a day to take the time before it is too late.

They say that we should see some SUNSHINE today . That should help to brighten us all up a bit. Even when you are house bound, the blue skies and sunshine  make a difference.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.

Christopher Morley, writer (1890-1957)

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes taking time out for family lie that takes your schedule off doent it. maybe he got somethign in the hosptial . there are bugsthat dont really show up but they just dont let you heal well. is the dr saying this is normal becuase my granny was up and about right after hers and so was my aunt

Anonymous said...

Good attitude.  We should be there to do the little things for the ones we love.  They are simple things but they mean so much.  You're a good daughter.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I do hope your dad picks up soon.  It's good you live near enough to see him.  I have daughter and grandkids with me now.  Grandaughter has written a  blog entry for me.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I will pray for your father's continued strength.

Love,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I hope your Dad,soon gets stronger ,meanwhile enjoy your time with him ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The letting of a little water has always been my release!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read Dad needs this constant care.It can become hard work though not phisicaly but mentally I found when I did it for my Aunt a whole year.We can only hope and pray at these times things get easier.I do hope Dad improves and lovely to read you have had that little bit of sunshine to brighten things.Rain Rain rain at this end of Pond.True that sunshine does brighten anyones darkest day I agree.Take care God Bless.Ragards to father for a good week ahead.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriaand/MYSIMPLERHMES