Saturday, February 17, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 17

If you begin the day with love in your heart,

peace in your nerves, and truth in your mind,

you not only benefit by their presence

but also bring them to others,

to your family and friends,

and to all those whose destiny draws

across your path that day

Anonymous

GOOD MORNING !

On this cold winter morning I’m extra thankful that I have this good cup of hot coffee to enjoy.

Looking ahead at my calendar I see that Lent begins with Ash Wednesday on the 21st.. We are in the grip of winter, when spring seems far away. Gardens are bare, and it's hard to imagine flowers poking green buds through that icy crust of snow.. Yet as Lent progresses, we’ll see signs of Resurrection.

Lent is a time when many families do their spring-cleaning to get ready for the new season. We clear out closets, dust, vacuum and wash floors. Spring-cleaning is how we make room for the new life and light of springtime. Easter and Sringtime are not so very far away.

In March I celebrate yet another year of blessings and for one of my birthday gifts I’m taking a little trip to see the ‘Sunshine Babes’. Just a quick 3 day trip, but it will be grand to see them and their new home.

DS#1 also promised me that I’d get to see the beach. Isn’t that a great present !

Lots and lots to look forward to, but meanwhile I’m so grateful for each new day and all the blessings that come with it. This morning I’ll be going to spend the day with my Dad. He is still unable to stay by himself, but is improving. It will just take time for him to regain some strength.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Do not worry about whether or not the sun will rise. Be prepared to enjoy it.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

Graphics by:

www.untilthengraphics.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes another season of lent is nearly on us ,time to reflect too ,I hope you find your Dad much improved and that you have a lovely day with him ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you can really look forward to March!

Anonymous said...

wow the beach sounds nice right now. weather men seemed to have missed it but we are white here and more ocming down. Passover is when we do our cleaning and wont be long and at this rate it looks like a cold one will be this year

Anonymous said...

I too cannot wait for the spring season to arrive and I also think the spring cleaning makes me feel brighter and better too.I love cleaning,and do it all yr round afraid I am a little houseproud in that line of duty.but at this time of year especially so,I do not know why,but everything seems fresher and brighter when it is done as spring approaches.This make me feel on top of the world.yes Shrove Tueday we make the big pancakes and these reming me of the sun,i usually put a big smiling face on my yournger grandchildrens when I serve them with whatever there choice of topping LOL.i might just try writing GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE thhis yr on them in Syrup Haaa!!What a lovely time you will have with your dear " Sunshine Babes" I see the beach and ocean each time I look through my windows and yes it is wonderful in nice weather but pretty dreary and cold in the winter.I hope you have a wonederful time.I hope Dad improves Blesss him and he will look forward to your visits.Each day I hope brings him that little bit more strength.I hope you too get a few smiles this weekend and a little sunshine to warm your heart Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your day with your Dad.  What a fun trip to look forward to.  It's always fun to look forward to something. It makes my steps a little bit lighter knowing something fun is on the horizon!  
Stay warm and safe.
Pam

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful gift. Enjoy your father today.

God bless,
Angela

Anonymous said...

My thoughts have already been on Lent and I saw the first yellow daffidol today in the yard, the pink blooms are opening on the tree in the front yard with about a hundred bees buzzing in all the pink blooms.....
I haven't finished last years spring cleaning, lol....
A trip, how fun! and the beach! I'm jealous.....
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Yay....glad you get to see the beach and travel some.  Hope your Dad is doing better and improving each day.
Nite Nite