Tuesday, February 27, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 27

ON THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET

Grab your coat and get your hat

Leave your worries on the doorstep

Life can be so sweet

On the sunny side of the street

Can’t you hear the pitter-pat?

And that happy tune is your step

Life can be complete

On the sunny side of the street

I used to walk in the shade

with those blues on parade

But I’m not afraid because

this rover crossed over!

And if I never had a cent

I’d be rich as Rockefeller

With gold dust at my feet

On the sunny side of the street

I used to walk in the shade

with those blues on parade

But I’m not afraid because

this rover crossed over!

And if I never had a cent

I’d be rich as Harry Belafonte

With Barry Goldwater at my feet

On the sunny side of the street

GOOD MORNING !

I’m trying to chase those winter blahs away and thinking only bright sunny thoughts today ! This time of year we often get bogged down with the weather and the lack of celebrations like we had during the Christmas Holidays or Valentines Day.

All of the sudden life may seem to look a little dull and shabby. I’ve come to believe that attitude means a lot and often I have to really pump myself up. I like to dwell on the lighter brighter side of things and count my many blessings.

The song above was in my trivia search for today so I Googled it to get the lyrics. It’s been sung by a lot of famous people and played by lots of wonderful orchestras.  I suppose it was so popular because everyone would prefer the ‘sunny side’ .

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

God is His mercy looks down on us all,

And though what we’ve done is so pitifully small,

He makes us feel welcome to kneel down and pray

For the chance to do better as we start a new day.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have me singing now this tune all morning.What a lovely song to start the day off well.You are right it cheered me so thankyou.Yes it has seemed a very long drab winter this time to me and like you said yesterday in my comment,for which I thank you for your kind words. Soon that old (Currant Bun) which is slang for SUN in London Cockney speach England, I do not live there but many use the term,will be shining down on us all we hope, and it does put a whole new light on things.I hope your day realises a few smiles and a little sunshine too.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Now that the temperatures are getting above freezing every day, and the sun has chosen to show its face sometimes, I'm losing the winter blahs!  

Anonymous said...

yup trying to keep postitve can be wonderful and yet hard to do. I sometimes like to watch a funny show when nothing else works. There are some people who are so jovial and funny I like to be around them. I envy them and wonder how they do it. they always seem happy. I do not wnat to be fake about it though. They just seem to be that way so naturally

Anonymous said...

You make me feel so much better in the mornings as you point me in the right direction.

Anonymous said...

We have Easter to look forward to for a celebration soon.  Hope you have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

On a very wet and miserable day today, my spirits were lifted by the sight of frothy white blossom in the local hedgerow. Spring is on its way - I hope!. Take care.
Love Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

I agree about looking for the silver lining in every day.  I believe every day is precious and whatever each day brings, I think I am so lucky to be living life!  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

I see the words at the bottom of the song (names) are different than I recall. Always liked that old song. : )

Angela
I love winter. LOL!

Anonymous said...

It sure has been dreary weatherwise! Thanks for posting something uplifting. :)
penny