Tuesday, February 13, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 13

If anyone should hurt you

and say a thing unkind,

Remember what I tell you,

and keep these things in mind;

For every 1 who makes you cry,

there are 3 who make you smile,

That smile will last a long, long time,

and the tears a LITTLE while!

If someone says a thing that's cruel,

don't let it get to you —

There's so much good about you,

and your faults are very few;

Don't let someone who hates the world

cause you to hate it too,

For behind the cloud's a golden sun

and a sky that's bright and blue!

So if a certain someone should act a certain way ...

Just think of THOSE WHO LOVE YOU

and don't let it ruin your day.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Thankfully I’m blessed with a loving family and many dear friends. Friends near and far who always have a way of brightening my day with a note, an e-mail or a phone call. I cherish each one and thank the dear Lord for them.

Life would be a sad thing indeed without someone to care about.

Today we are supposed to see 8-12 inches of new snow on top of what we already have. The entire state is supposed to be hit with heavy snow. I’ll be praying for all those that need to be traveling today , I’ll be one of them going off to work.

According to the weatherman the bulk of the snow won’t come until after I’m at work –so the going home maybe tricky. Take good care all ! Be safe and keep warm .

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

 Don't frown, cause you never know

who is falling in love with your smile

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray for safe travels for you and that it wont be as bad as they say. I agree it sure is true and has been this last week. For every one who has hurt me there have I mean there really have been three that make me smile. IF NOT more. I have found lots of new friends that I did not have before in the last week. that really is true. I had to show hubby your wonderful home and garden pics and they made me smile and him too.

Anonymous said...

I have learned to do as the verse you write above says.It has been a long hard struggle through the tears from ones who have hurt me,But with Gods help and  many many good people, I have battled through.I am happy to say.I do hope the weather isn't too severe for you today and that you too have a few smiles passed upon you, and who knows? maybe the weather men may be wrong, and you may get a little sunshine along the way.Stay safe.Take care.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That is so true ,though the hurtful ones impact more sometimes ,hope the weather forcast is wrong ,keep warm and safe .love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

love the poem at the top! I hope you won't be getting all that snow... we are supposed to get less tonight now but it would be better if we could share it 50/50 wouldn't it. drive carefully  and hope everyone else does too. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I love the poem but it is hard to remember to practice it.  In the uk we have been told 'no more snow'.   I'll believe it when spring comes.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I pray you get home safely and that it isn't a big chore. God keep his angels around your car and you.

Love,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I hope you got home ok from work and that the snow wasn't as bad as predicted.  A couple of inches here causes chaos.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

The news at lunch was showing those in other states trying to get to work this morning in the snow....
Be Safe!!
Linda :)