Sunday, February 11, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 11

BUT LOVE…

A house is a house is a house - until love comes through the door, that is.

And love intuitively goes around sprinkling that special brand of angel dust that transforms a house into a very special home for very special people: your family.

Money, of course, can build a charming house, but only love can furnish it with a feeling of home.

Duty can pack an adequate sack lunch, but love may decide to tuck a little love note inside.

Money can provide a television set, but love controls it and cares enough to say no and take the guff that comes with it.

Obligation sends the children to bed on time, but love tucks the covers in around their necks and passes out kisses and hugs (even to teenagers!).

Obligation can cook a meal, but love embellishes the table with a potted ivy trailing around slender candles.

Duty writes many letters, but love tucks a joke or a picture or a fresh stick of gum inside.

Compulsion keeps a sparkling house. But love and prayer stand a better chance of producing a happy family.

Duty gets offended quickly if it isn't appreciated. But love learns to laugh a lot and to work for the sheer joy of doing it.

Obligation can pour a glass of milk, but quite often love will add a little chocolate.

Unknown

Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting.

Psalm 106:1

GOOD MORNING !

It would be wonderful if we all could follow the advice given above. I especially like the part about laughing a lot. We can get bogged down by all that needs to be done and forget the joy of living.

I’m very good at taking time out for myself when I know I need it. Today is one of those days. I’ll be getting the weekly dose of R&R at church this morning and then I get a bonus blessing by going to the Home and Flower show ! I should be very renewed and refreshed at the end of this day.

I’ll be praying for you all as always. Life is too short – make the most of the wonderful gift of today.

May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.

St. Theresa's Prayer

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In trying to get our own way, we should remember that kisses are sweeter than whine.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual a lovely uplifting entry ,that piece is wonderful ,have a lovely day ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Very nice to seethis and hear this. its what we try to do and it works. it does take love to make it a home. It does take prayer and lots of it to keep all running smoothly. I know there is not much peace in J land. dont know when I ll or if Ill start back becuase I feel that evil can enter my home. so your entry really hit what God has been saying. After being accused of doing something I did not do. Its making me wonder about this place alot and its not HOME. I dont know but if children are being posted so wrongfully that a school has to ban a mom from her school and people defend that it makes me wonder about the environment here and do I want to associate with evil. I want you to know that I love you and your uplifting journal and your one of the reasons I Love being here and this entry sure hit HOME! Where is home what is my home. Its on this side of the screen that is where. Thank you very much. I believe this was so shared with you to be share with me this moring from God. Thanks so much. Gave me an idea just now. I think I ll fast and pray what to do and if GOD wants me to shine my light her or elsewhere. Thanks again. simply wonderful

Anonymous said...

A home is not a home without Love .I have always said this and all the words you have wrote here remind me of when my family were all at home.Oh! how I miss those days.People in J/Land know me for my laughs which I try to give out in my journal of Simple Rhymes.Laughter is the best medicine of the day I always say.Thankyou for the lovely words you have provided today to read and think about.They are all so true.I hope you have had a little sunshine this weekend and a few smiles have passed your way too.Take care God Bless.
Astorisand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the day at the Home/Garden show.  Can't wait to hear about it.  Or rather READ about it.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope you`re having a wonderful weekend!
hugs
penny