Thursday, February 22, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 22

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.

Love is content with the present, it hopes for the future, and it does not brood over the past. It’s the day-in and day-out chronicle of irritations, problems, compromises, small disappointments, big victories and working toward common goals.

If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things that are missing. If you don’t have love in your life, no matter what else there is, it’s not enough.

Ann Landers

GOOD MORNING !

Yesterday someone said to me “Oh, you must be retired now”. She was surprised to learn that ‘NO’ I’m not retired. I’m still getting up and going to work every day.

I’m guessing that to young people (anyone under 50) 62 , nearly 63, may seem very old. Maybe that is why she was so surprised, or maybe it’s the almost white hair that did it. Even though I may look ‘retired’ , I am far from it.

It warmed up to a wonderful 44 degrees here yesterday !  It felt so good.  The birds were singing away outside my work place in the morning and in the evening the ducks were honking away as they made their way home .  Itwas a beautiful sight.  We had a lovely red sunset too.  That should mean good weather for today. 

I owe , I owe, so it’s off to work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand. . . and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it is too late.

Marie Edith Beynon

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes I have lvoed th ebirds singing the last few days and the warmer temps. It sure brightens the day

Anonymous said...

Retirement is a realatively new thing.  People never used to retire.  They always "worked" until they had to stop for health reasons.  I will not retire because my husband will not.  As long as he is working I will "work" as a support for him.

Anonymous said...

RETIRED ,?? The older people have such alot to offer ,more committed ,could teach the youngsters such alot lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I've got to work for 20 more years until I can even THINK of retirement.
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I am still working full time and have another 13 years before I can retire at 65.  OOhhh, I hope I get a break before then.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

What wonderful weather that sounds.I could just do with some myself like that.One is as old as they feel and if one wishes to still carry on working then so be it I say.My aunt worked until she was 82 believe it or not, and lived to be 93.She always said it keeps the mind and body active.So keep working if thats what you love to do.take care hope you too get plenty smiles today.Gos Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

May God bless you with energy, health and strength to work and a lot of joy surrounding your work, so that it will not only supply you a salary but a place to work in peace. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow's Friday!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I work with a 60-yr old woman, so I can understand what you mean about the retirement thing. lol
Have a great day!
penny