Monday, February 26, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 26

The legend of the raindrop

Has a lesson for us all

As it trembled in the the Heavens

Questioning if it should fall

For the glistening raindrop argued

By the genie of the sky

I am beautiful and lovely

As a sparkle here on high

And hanging here I will become

Part of the rainbow's hue

And I'll shimmer like a diamond

For all the world to view

But the genie told the raindrop

"Why do you hesitate to go?"

For you will be more beautiful

If you fall to earth below

For you will sink in the soil

And be at lost awhile from sight

But when you reappear on earth

You will be looked upon with delight

For you will be the raindrop

That quenched the thirsty ground

And helped the lovely flowers

To blossom all around

And in your resurrection

You'll appear in queenly clothes

With the beauty of the sky

And the fragrance of the rose

For there is nothing lost

Or eternally neglected

For everything God ever made

Is always resurrected

So trust God's all wise wisdom

And doubt the Father never

For in His Heavenly Kingdom

There is nothing lost forever

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Our weather did take a turn for the good on Sunday and we missed out on the terrible ice storm that many others got. Thank the good Lord. By the time I left for Church it was quite nice out. I got my shopping done too !

As you see in the pictures above, we still have lots of snow around here. We may get a little more today, but only cosmetic coatings they say. In other words the old snow will get a new coating so it won’t look so dirty and dingy around the edges.

I saw two of my children at church and two more called yesterday afternoon to make their weekly check in. As it turned out DD and her hubby did not go on their weekend trip as her hubby had to work Saturday. That was a blessing in more ways than one.

Next weekend 5 of the 7 babes and their families will be coming in for a visit to celebrate my birthday. The other two and their families are justtoo far away to make the trip. Hopefully the weather won’t turn bad again and they’ll be able to make it. If not, we’ll just celebrate another time.

It was a quick weekend but I did get a lot done.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many times when we have been doing something for the Lord at church and we have not been sure if we have got it right, God has blessed us with the reassurence of his rainbow, telling us he is with us.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

wow so glad your family is coming in and you are having a time with them. hubbys birthday is this week. I need to get on teh ball. lol Yes you do have lots of snoe. I love seeing your fur baby pic. poor thing doenst have a potty spot. give some pats and loves from me

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get to church and shopping.... we still may see more rain today or tomorrow....
Have a great week!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your pictures. I liked seeing your doggie looking for his yard! Poor guy! LOL!
I hope you have a wonderful Bday celebration.  Have a good Monday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

looks like your snow is melting a bit... ours is too but its still snowing....I think we must have gotten about 15 inches so far.... very heavy shoveling too.... can't wait until spring

Sandra

Anonymous said...

I am starting to see grass here, as the rain has melted some of the snow.
Your beagle is just adorable! I used to have a beagle - such nice dogs. I have a Cocker Spaniel now.
HUGS
penny

Anonymous said...

How nice that your children are traveling for your birthday. How they love their mom. : )

Anonymous said...

OH! it still looks so cold out there to me.I hate the snow Brrrr.Hope you havn't had another coating.I do not like when it keeps coming and going.I am happy to read your family will be around you next week.Please let me know what day your b/day is so I can send wishes out to you before it being too late.I pray the weather will hold out for there journey to see you.Thankyou for the kind comment yesterday when I wasn't feeling too good.I am a little brighter today I have to say Thankyou once again.I must GROWL plenty then according to the quote LOL!!Take Care God Bless I hope you get a few smiles today and a peek of the sun.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

What a lovely thing to look forward too ,visits from your family ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

That's something to think about.  Sometimes we don't know when we are growling!