Tuesday, February 20, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 20

WHAT LITTLE THINGS WILL DO

A crumb will feed a little bird

A thought prevent an angry word,

A seed bring forth full many a flower,

A drop of rain foretell a shower!

A little cloud the sun will hide.

A dwarf may prove a giant's guide.

A narrow plank a safe bridge form,

A smile some cheerless spirit warm!

A step begins the journey long.

A weak head oft outwits the strong.

A gull defies the angry sea.

A word will set a captive free!

A hornet goads the mighty beast,

A cry of "fire" breaks up a feast.

A glass shows wonders in the skies,

A little child confounds the wise!

A straw the wild wind's course reveals,

A kind act oft an old grudge heals,

A beacon light saves many a life,

A slight will often kindle strife!

A puff of smoke betrays the flame,

A pen-stroke e'en will blight a name,

A little hand may alms bestow,

A message small bring joy or woe!

The widow's mite a great gift proved,

A mother's prayer has heaven moved;

"Then let us not," the poet sings,

"Despite the gospel of small things."

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Back to work again and it should be a great week. Tuesday already and only 3 more days of work to go. I love short work weeks.

I really need to find a little more energy and do a few things around my house during the week. That way I could enjoy the weekend a little more.

Hopefully with the lengthening days and more daylight hours, I’ll be rejuvenated a little. It seems that even though I had a 3 day weekend, I still could use one more day here.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Have a heart that never hardens,

and a temper that never tires,

and a touch that never hurts.

Charles Dickens

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hopefully the warm up will make us more energetic too. Man all six inches of our snow left yesterday!!!!!!! it got 40 and sun so it all left. amazing how fast it went. Looks llike you made a killing and that wonderful candle topper so spring like.

Anonymous said...

Iwish Spring would come along now Im fed up with winter ,though you have had it far worse than us ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

you sure found a lot of nice things on your day out... I especially like your new purse and bracelet and you have some pretty nice clothes too.... I bet you had a wonderful time. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Looks like your shopping trip was a huge success as you came home with some beautiful things. Love the cat tail in the purse picture. They are such curious creatures. I don't think that you are alone in your sentiments as no matter how many days we have off, we could always use one more.  Looks very wintery over there. brrrrr........

Anonymous said...

You got some nice goodies on your outing!  I really like your Feb purse and bracelet!  You got some good deals on the clothes, too!  Good job!
Looks like lots of snow still around. Stay warm and safe.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm pooped from my two days off too... lol... looking forward to the longer days...
Glad you found some bargains!!!
Have a great rest of the week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's a short week for you. In my last job before I retired, I asked for a four day week and got it. It was great. Even though I worked extra hours one day a week, that extra day off was wonderful. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

you got some great bargains!
hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved seeing your pics.  Enjoyed seeing your bargains and also all that beautiful snow.  It's so pretty.  We would rarely see that kind of snow here.

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Looks like Christmas all over again!.  Good deal on the clothes.  I really need some new shirts too.