Friday, February 23, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 23

God taught me some valuable lessons about life.

When people expect spinning and stretching the truth,

Be straightforward and honest.

When people expect harshness and cynicism,

be compassionate and understanding.

When people expect judgment and punishment,

be grace-filled and forgiving.

When people are struggling with broken dreams,

be a listening ear and an angel of mercy.

When you see need and opportunity,

be generous and involved.

Be unexpected.

AUTHOR UNKNOWN

GOOD MORNING !

Unexpected by me was the Blast of Artic air that returned to us yesterday. Wednesday was a breath of Springtime and I was dismayed that it turned bitter cold again.

I was so sleepy by 8 o’clock last night that I just decided to give up and go to bed. I read for a little while and then turned of the light and slept the night through. I’m always tired by the time Friday rolls around.

This morning I’m well rested and am looking forward to today. The end of the work week once more.

YES, It's F R I D A Y!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah this week has been up and down and yes the weather has played a part. I loved those one or two days that you steped out not to feeel the HARSH cold hit you. this morning UGH!!!!!! bites right thru you. Not ready for that at all. I could really use a sunny day WITHOUT WINDS!!!!! warm sun shine and still air. That would make it feel warm. We are going to hopefully get our roof up on our porch and that will be a welcome thing to get out of the way. I remember seems so far away. January mid january we are out with only jackets on and some not digging up for that porch actually breaking a sweat from moving the rock walkway...........  NOW, NOW its just a memory seems far away as summer. Hard to believe That was January.

Anonymous said...

We have harsher weather coming too.  But at least, no snow and ice forecast!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww when we get lovely days like you had Wednesday it is so annoying when a bitter one follows.I feel this is when we all get colds.Some days we just do not know what to wear.I often have an early night as such and I think it does us a world of good,not just for the next day but keeps us going.I look forward to Fridays too.Though this will be a sad one for me MY GRANDSON goes home this T/TIME and I shall miss him soooooooo much.He has brought that lovely  sunshine to my week and many smiles too.Hope the weather changes and you get a little sunshine and a few smiles along the way.Have a lovely weekend.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I was in bed early too and am feeling refreshed...
Have a great day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I love that thought.  It sums up my husbands attitude toward life and everything in it.  Do you realize how tiring it is going where there is no path?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I go to bed early, too, simply because I can. No one else to think about except myself. Some days just seem so much longer than others and bedtime sounds so inviting and I think "why not?" Enjoy your weekend. Hope the weather improves --- spring is coming --- honest --- the flowers are blooming here.

Anonymous said...

I think sometimes you need to 'stock' up with an early night ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

We have had warm weather and the blossom is starting.  Spring is in the air.  If i went to bed at 8 pm i would be up by 1am in the morning, too many years of not enough sleep.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I love to go to bed early like that and wake up refreshed!  Have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

we were in bed, but watching TV by 8.  We love that when its cold outside.  The fireplace and the high king size bed helps too.  Tomorrow is a blizzard forecast for us.  WHA?  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy