Monday, February 19, 2007

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 19

From an e-mail devotional I received ...

On the way to work the other morning I was running a little behind, but that really didn't bother me. I drive through one small town on the way. Unfortunately as I started through town, a school bus turned onto the road in front of me. It immediately stopped to pick up some children. I thought, "OK, it's no big deal, I'll be through here in short order."

But, the bus continued to make more stops for more children. Time was passing more quickly than I liked. Just before we got to the train tracks, the flashing lights came on and we were all stopped as a freight train made its way through town. This completely dashed any hopes I had of being early to work. As I sat there, I had to chuckle to myself about the situation -- beats fussing and fuming.

It seems that no matter how hard we try to control time, it never works out. No matter how well we try to plan our lives, something comes along to mess up our plans. We all have choices to make, don't we? You can sit there and fuss and fume, or you can shrug your shoulders, chuckle about the ironies of life, and get on with living.

Whatever plans you have, whatever goals you have in mind, if they don't come to fruition, are they really worth fussing and fuming about? Count your blessings and focus on the really important things in life!

Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands: sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious. Psalm 66:1, 2

GOOD MORNING !

Today I’m blessed with a glorious vacation day ! The sun is supposed to shine and it is going to warm up into the 30’s. The first time we’ve been above freezing for a long time.

After a slow start to the day, DD and I will be off on our shopping trip. I haven’t been able to spend much time with her in quite awhile so the best part of today is that I am doing just that.

I was reminded by one of my sons that we really didn’t find many bargains there last year and some of the stores that were in our outlet mall had gone out of business. So we really may not find much shopping there today. I only ever go there this one time of the year.

Of course I’ll take my camera and get some pictures to share with you all tomorrow. It will be a grand day no matter, just because I’m with my daughter and I’m not at work and the SUN will be shinning.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The tiniest dewdrop hanging from a grass blade in the morning is big enough to reflect the sunshine and the blue of the sky.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the sun always makes it better. I been meaning to ask you at your home and garden show did you see the flowers I posted pics of from my camping trip last year. The ones that light up at night???????

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope you find something special to remember the day... maybe your March bracelet. Have fun, Sandra

Anonymous said...

have fun at the mall and emjoy time with your dd. Happy you have a day off. It's warming up in IL. too. Today was suppose to be around 40.

Anonymous said...

OH! thats wonderful to read you ahve sun at last and the temerature has risen.If I palan anaything you can guarantee something comes along to stand in it's way and alter it.How lovely you have day off and you will see your Dear daughter into the bargain too.I hope you both get lots of nice bargains as well.Hope you get lots of smiles and that sunshine continues.Look forward to the pics.I have the wonderful job of looking after my Grandson this week,so I am limited to my time being online.If I should miss any of your posts I am so sorry.Take care have a lovely day.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

What a lovely message in your email ,yes take your camera looking forward to your pictures ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful time with your daughter. : )
It's really cold her. 15 degrees.

Love,
Angela