Sunday, November 19, 2006

A "EVERYDAY THANKSGIVING" REFLECTION

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising, thank you Lord, that I have the strength to rise.

There are many who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned, and tempers are short, my children are so loud, thank you, Lord, for my family.

There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced, thank you, Lord, for the food we have.

There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous, thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work.

There are many who have no job.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest, thank you, Lord, for life itself.

author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

The 'Sunshine' babes are here and we had quite a reunion yesterday. I’m moving slower this morning to be sure. After all the very quite days at my house, all the activity will take some getting used to. Of course , just about the time I get used to it , they will be leaving for their home again.

We’ll be going to church a little later this morning and it’ll will be nice to have their company. Most of the time I’m sitting by myself. Sometimes DS#5 and DD are there, depending on their schedules, but today we should be close to filling the pew.

Today I’m thankful that my son and his family had a safe trip home, and I’ll be praying for all the travelers this Thanksgiving, that their trips will be safe ones and their visits happy ones.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Words are windows to the heart.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got another one of those weird alerts for your juounral today. Im glad I figured it outand got here thankful. So glad your family had a great gathering and safe trips

Anonymous said...

Glad you showed pictures and that all had a good time.  Nice you have company with you at church this morning enough to fill a pew.
Have a good Sunday.  This week is a short week for you right?  I only work 2 days.

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures of your family. Nice that you all got to attend church together as well.  :)
Hugs
penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

Anonymous said...

What a fun week you are going to have with all your company... looking forward to all the pictures...
Linda :)