Thursday, November 23, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 23

THANKSGIVING PRAYER

Author unknown

Lord, We humbly ask

Thy blessing on the turkey and the dressing,

on the yams and cranberry jelly,

and the pickles from the deli.

Bless the apple pie and tea,

bless each and every calorie.

Let us enjoy Thanksgiving dinner.

Tomorrow we can all get thinner.

For all Thy help along the way

we're thankful this Thanksgiving Day.

We're thankful too,

for all our dear ones,

for all the far away and near ones.

Although we may be far apart,

we're together in my heart.

 Keep us in Thy loving care,

This is my Thanksgiving prayer.

P.S. Anyone who wishes may help with the dishes.

I am certain that we created memories this Thanksgiving for part of our family. However much more time the Almighty grants us I hope we always will have a place which will conjure up those good feelings in our grandchildren long after we are gone.

Thank you, Dear Lord, for making this Thanksgiving Day possible.

 Good Morning !

I hope you are enjoying this Thanksgiving Day . We have plans to watch the Christmas Parade along with a good big homemade breakfast this morning. DDIL#4 is making French Toast. It’s been a tradition to see the parade on the TV and welcome Santa once more.

My children always hated to give up their belief in Santa and I always told them that as long as they kept the Spirit of Christmas in their hearts there would always be a Santa. I’m 62 and I still believe!

 Most of my Thanksgiving Days have been quiet ones as I usually do the Holiday the Saturday before so that all the babes can visit their in laws on the day and not have to worry about sharing the time …it gets hard to make all the rounds. But this Thanksgiving due to my Sunshine Babes visit it won’t be a quiet one –that’s for sure. The only time they get quiest is when they are sleeping.

Our family feast day will be on this Saturday and then my little home will be bursting at it’s seams.

Today I’m thankful for all the many blessings I have received and am praying especially today for all of you today !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The joy of enjoying

And the fullness of living

Are found in the heart

That is filled with thanksgiving.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the wishes and the dishes lol
we are watching the pararde. we may not be heading to his moms. tht would be nice becuase we have dinner here at noon for my family and it makes it too tiring for us to go two places. so with Rachael so sick this year and so muchhaving gone on we just cant muster it up to go though we may still in the end who knows.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for sharing this lovely entry ,I hope your home and holidays are blest ,with warmth peace and happiness ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for sharing this lovely entry ,I hope your home and holidays are blest ,with warmth peace and happiness ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh I still believe in Santa as well. It is the magic of Christmas. Sounds like a very busy day day -- make that week -- at your house. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and thank you for your daily reminders about giving thanks for the little things each and every day.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every Blessed minute of Thanksgiving with your dear family and lets pray for those alone this Thanksgiving that they too shall find some sort of happiness.ENJOY.Take Care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Yes, we had our French Toast too and the Macy's Parade. Very nice. We haven't had dinner just yet.

Hope your day is lovely,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I believe too!!
Enjoy your thanksgiving through the weekend!!
Linda :)