Friday, November 3, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 3

Rather than whining that we don't have certain things in our lives or that something is wrong, we need to take positive action.  Here are four steps toward turning whining into thanksgiving.

1. GIVE SOMETHING AWAY...

When you give something you create both a physical and mental space for something new and better to come into your life.  Although you may think your are 'lacking' something in your life, when  you give you demonstrate you have abundance to spare.

2. NARROW YOUR GOALS...

Dont expect everthing good to come into your life all at once.  When you focus your expectations twoard specific and reachable goals, you are more apt to direct your time and energy toward reaching them

3. CHANGE YOUR VOCABULARY FROM "I NEED" TO "I WANT"...

Most of the things we think we need are actually things we want.  When you receive them, you are more likely to be thankful for them as luxuries rather than necessities.

4. CHOOSE TO BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE...

Thanksgiving is a choice we make.  Every one of us has more things to be thankful for than we could begin to recount in a day.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It's Friday !  It's going to be a great day !

Every year about this time I try and search out poems, stories etc. about Thanksgiving.  So today is the first of the season.  I believe that we must be thankful in order to receive, not just be thankful after we receive something.

You know I'm very thankful for my family and I often show you pictures of the times we celebrate together.  If nothing else, I know that they know the value of being thankful for each day.  Like most we've had our ups and downs in life, but we never miss a chance to celebrate together whether it's in person, by mail, or by e-mail.  We also pray for each other and take every opportunity to help build each other up.

This morning I'm praying for those families that are going through rough times, for parents and children that can't or won't celebrate the gift of today -- that's why they call it the present you know.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.

Albert Schweitzer

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

p.s.  My internet provider Comcast is changing over to Time Warner this weekend and already I had no service at home this morning, so had to come to work and type up my entry.  I don't know If I'll be on line this weekend or not.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting us know about the internet. do you stil get free dial up. ???????? maybe you can post short quickentires via that. I sure hope they get things fixed up for you I love your thankful peoms

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry about thankfulness. I'm thankful you're around too.
I hope your Internet service gets fixed up soon.

Angela

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading your entries,they are wonderful.God Bless You.
Astoriasand  http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hey there.  My internet connection is comcast too.  No word about anything changing over and no problems yet.
By the way...have a wonderful weekend.  I'm so glad it is here.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

This month I will work on #1-give something away... I have several piles of things of the boys that I can't decide to save in their baby boxes or give away...
Linda :)