Thursday, November 16, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 16

The Only One in Thirty-Five Years

A soldier in the American Third Army was sent to a rest camp after a period of active service. When he returned to his outfit, he wrote a letter to General George Patton and thanked him for the splendid care he had received.

General Patton wrote back that for thirty-five years he had sought to give all the comfort and convenience he could to his men, and added that this was the first letter of thanks he had received in all his years in the Army.

There are few points at which human nature is more lacking than in lack of gratitude. Parents must constantly say to children who have received some gift, "Now what do you say?"

As we grow older we become hardened to the good things of life and do not think of thanking God who is the giver of "every good gift and every perfect gift."

The best rule is the one given by Paul, "In every thing give thanks," and especially "Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift,"

Essex Walter B. Knight

Good Morning !

It is raining again here and very dark out. The extra hour of daylight has already dwindled down to practically nothing. It’s definitely a day to make my own ‘sunshine’ if there ever was one.

I think I’d better find something in the closet that is bright and cheerful to put on today – maybe that will help.

Today I’m thankful for all the kind comments that have been left here on my journal page. People from near and far sharing support and thoughtfulness every day.

I’ve gotten to know a few of you a little bit through your own journals, and others I don’t know at all, but one thing is for sure, your comments do brighten my day!  Thank you !!!

Today I’m praying for those that are already weary with thoughts of the festive holidays ahead. May we all rejoice and share our love with each other more than ever this special time of year, and remember always the true meaning of Christmas.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Always be a little kinder than necessary.

James M. Barrie

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your journal through Treasure Chest Full of life.  Bright and Happy.  Thanks for the link to the graphic site.  I added you to my alerts.  Looking forward to reading more from you.  Stop by and visit my journal.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

good Idea to put something on that is bright and cheerful on a rainy cloudy day.... I think I will do that too because it seems like its still night here. hopeing for the sunshine, Sandra

Anonymous said...

The holidays can be a wonderful time. But stressful. Its so full of hustle and bustle. thanksgiving is the precursor to practice I always try to say for getting the decemebr holidays right. But you know sometimes I liked it when we stayed home on Thanksgiving and it was just my family. now with having to do two thanksgivings a in a day ihs and ours it kid of stressful

Anonymous said...

Your journal always sends my thoughts straight to God, bless you.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Your entries always make me feel better.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Your entry has made me feel much better this evening as I have not felt well all day.Surely  is part of my problem I think, the stress of Christmas,seems to wear me out more each yr.The pleasure is mine to comment,your journal is wonderful.I am very late today doing my comments with not being well,but they mean a lot to me, and I know they do to others .So I am trying to get a few in this evening. God Bless You.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!!
Linda :)