Sunday, November 5, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 5

The Concert

When the house lights dimmed and the concert was about to begin, the mother returned to her seat and discovered that the child was missing Suddenly, the curtains parted and spotlights focused on the impressive Steinway on stage.

In horror, the mother saw her little boy sitting at the keyboard, innocently picking out "Twinkle,Twinkle Little Star."

At that moment, the great piano master made his entrance, quickly moved to the piano, and whispered in the boy's ear, "Don't quit.""Keep playing."

Then, leaning over, Paderewski reached down with his left hand and began filling in a bass part. Soon his right arm reached around to the other side of the child, and he added a running obbligato.

Together, the old master and the young novice transformed what could have been a frightening situation into a wonderfully creative experience.

The audience was so mesmerized that they couldn't recall what else the great master played. Only the classic, " Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

Perhaps that's the way it is with God.

What we can accomplish on our own is hardly noteworthy. We try our best, but the results aren't always graceful flowing music. However, with the hand of the Master, our life's work can truly be beautiful.

The next time you set out to accomplish great feats, listen carefully. You may hear the voice of the Master, whispering in your ear, "Don't quit." "Keep playing."

May you feel His arms around you and know that His hands are there, helping you turn your feeble attempts into true masterpieces.

Remember, God doesn't seem to call the equipped, rather, He equips the 'called.'

Life is more accurately measured by the lives you touch than by the things you acquire.

May God bless you and be with you always! and remember ,

"Don't quit."

"Keep playing."

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

What a gift we have when we have someone that encourages us to ‘keep on playing’. A touch or a smile can go a long way when we need some extra confidence in what we’re doing.

Every now and then I get discouraged, not often, but it happens. The wonderful thing is that there is always someone or something that lifts me up, be it a friend, a relative, or a reading from my daily devotions.

Today, I’m thankful for the messages of hope and love that come my way and I’m praying for those that need a little ‘boost’ today, that someone or something will give them some encouragement too.

I’m off to church as usual on this cold November morning where I get my weekly dose of R&R. I’ll be praying for you all !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is a Smile for you :>} yes I had those days. very much those days. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! sunny dyas are hard this time of year for me but feb thru july I need sun lol IM strange I know

Anonymous said...

I loved the little story on top... thanks. I will be praying for you too. Sandra




Anonymous said...

I loved the little story on top... thanks. I will be praying for you too. Sandra




Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to start the morning off......Your journal. Like a shot of B-12 for the soul. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that it's good to be reminded.
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

'Keep on playing'... had not heard this inspiration before, wonderful story!!
Have a great work week!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful week.  Pray for my flight on Wednesday and Friday.  he he.   It'll all be over when I land in Nashville Friday night.  
Take care.
Sonya