Saturday, November 18, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 18

Acknowledging the Creator

My wife and I recently went on vacation, and as is our habit we brought along a camera and several rolls of film. Upon our return my wife began proudly showing off our latest set of vacation photos, and then each day she’d relate her coworkers’ reactions to me.

After a few days of this I noticed a recurring theme in her friends’ reactions. Invariably, people would say, “Wow, your husband must have a really nice camera!”

Even though people liked my photos, I was disappointed. I wanted them to acknowledge what a good photographer I am, not what a good camera I have.

After a week of this I ranted to my wife: “Why do people do this? Nobody looks at a painting and says, ‘Nice brushes!’ Nobody looks at a skyscraper and says, ‘Nice drafting table!’

Nobody looks at a sculpture and says, ‘Nice chisel!’ What’s wrong with these people?”

It felt good to get that off my chest. Until my wife reminded me, “So, how often do you look at creation and say,

‘Nice work, God’?

GOOD MORNING !

The story above was sent to me in an e-mail and I saved it as one of those things I needed to be reminded about. Collecting stories about others , famous peoples’ quotes and little poems is something I need to do.

Sometimes when I feel a little blue, they help remind me what I do have to be thankful for.

This morning on my ‘to do ‘ list is vacuum the bedrooms, the living room and dining room. Freshen up the bathroom, and put the laundry away.

That doesn’t sound like too much does it? When I put what I have to do down in print it helps me keep focused . I want to be done by noon so that when the ‘Sunshine’ babes arrive for their visit, I can just enjoy them.

I thought I’d make them some ‘sloppy joe’ sandwiches for supper and of course some mac and cheese for the little ones. Usually that’s a sure bet.

It will be soooo good to have them home. I get a whole week with them, so I should have lots of pictures to share in the days ahead.

Today I’m thankful for the words of wisdom from many thoughtful people. I’m praying that I can learn from these words and use them to help others as they have helped me.

Thought For Today

He is the happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

Graphics by: www.irenescorner.com/graphics

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the conversation between the man and his wife.  Enjoy your sunshine babes. I know you will.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Have a good time with your family.
I have so much to do today...I put my list in print last night.  It all needs to get done.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your week with them.
Yummy.....sloppy joes. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

enjoy your family and grandkids. Idont think I shall ever have any. So enjoy them as I know you do and yes sahre your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hey look I found you and you are now on my alerts ,read your first paragraph and thought Oh my goodness its a man ,then I realised you were quoteing lol Ah well I am looking forward to reading more ,what does the' on ma ' stand for?.... love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi. I had to smile while reading what you wrote about your camera. People do seem to like being appreciated - being noticed. I know it makes me feel good when somebody says what a good cook I am, or writer, ets.
Acknowledging our Creator? Too many times we forget to do that. I'm looking forward to the pictures. Oh, and by the way, I meant to thank you for always taking time to read what I write. Your comments are so appreciated. I doubt you know, how many times one of them lifted my spirits. God bless you, my friend.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Once again a very enjoyable read.Enjoy your sloppy joe sandwiches. That made me smile for today,and enjoy your family.how wonderful are these times.Have a wonderful week/end.God Bless you and yours.Take care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I loved that story about God`s creation. :)   Enjoy your time with the little ones!
Hugs
pen