Friday, November 24, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 24

Matthew Henry, the famous Bible scholar, was robbed by thieves. He wrote in his diary:

"Let me be thankful

first because I was never robbed before;

second, although they took my wallet, they did not take my life;

third, because although they took my all, it was not much; and

fourth, because it was I who was robbed and not I who robbed."

Jerry Songer, "`Tis the Season to Be Thankful,"

GOOD MORNING !

We can be thankful for so much even when things don’t go the way we want. There is always a bright side of everything. We only have to look for it. It’s not always easy to see and it’s very difficult to keep the vision…but we can if we try.

This morning we are off for our annual trip to the ‘Christmas in the Colonies’ craft show and visit to the Candle factory. DS#4 and his wife want to get up early and do some EARLY BIRD sale shopping before that—we’ll see… They want to find some good bargains, I want to enjoy the 'old time feeling' of the season. I can’t handle the crowds in the stores so I’ve never wanted to do that.

Today I’mthankful for the beautiful weather we’ve been having and I’m praying for those traveling and shopping today.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

So much has been given to me, I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied.

Helen Adams Keller

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 MA

 

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to be going to the craft show ,hope your dauter in law finds some bargains ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I had hoped to get outa dn share picss withyou guys but Rachael still not well. but I love that husky I love huskys and your house looks quite inviting. i love how your family is so joined together. we did not make it to Todds family but thats okay. we felt much better at home.

Anonymous said...

The photo's are wonderful what lovely babies you have there arn't they just so precious.Everyone looked happy the food looked good too Mmmmmm.yes a lovely bonny dog and cat.The picture of the little ones sleeping brought back memories for me.OH! how time flies by.I miss my family so much and them being small.Enjoy.A lovely entry as usual.God Bless Take care.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Loved your pictures.  The boys are sooooo cute in their new jammies!  Looked so sweet sleeping together, too!
Looks like you had a wonderful holiday.  Enjoy today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

You have a beautful family. Nothing like a photo of sleeping children. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

I'm so enjoying seeing all your family and the pets too... Sirus is very beautiful and Little Man looks like my Raisin...
and those are very snazzy pjs the boys are wearing...
I'm home, I survived, actually it could have been busier but no one yelled at me, yay!! lol....
Enjoy the craft fair!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh....only 31 days til Christmas?  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Enjoyed your pictures.  Sounds like you are having a blast.  
Sonya