Thursday, November 2, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 2

Try reading this!

Timeisthecoinofyourlifeitistheonlycoinyouhaveandonlyyoucandeter-minehowitwillbespentbecarefulbecauseotherpeoplewillspenditforyou

Trying to read that would give you a headache! But that is the way life is for many people. It is at a hectic pace, all rushed and packed into each other. The above line is harder to read without breaks and full stops. Our lives are on the same level too because there isn't enough time to pause, slow down and reflect. There isn't enough time to focus in on the really important things in life. When such time isn't given something else gives.

from This Is My Gift To You--One of the daily devotions that I read.

 GOOD MORNING !

Day break here has been wonderful. I’ve been able to see when I go to work in the morning. I mean I can see things, not just the road where my headlights hit. The hour we gained by falling back is so nice.

The farmers have been out in the fields every day still trying to finish up their harvests. Due to all the rain we’ve had, they are behind.

I’m very thankful for the little glimpse of the country side I get to see each day and pray for those working hard on their farms to get it all done before winter sets in.

Thought For Today

Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Guillaume Apollinaire,

1880-1918 French Poet

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Journal is so lovely.I can only say I wish I had found you and visited sooner.You are right in every aspect.I have found time this morning to pause,I must say.Sure has done me good too.God Bless You.
Astoriasand  http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

yes its been a wet fall that is for sure. I wish we would just leave the time alone. I dread time change every year more and more yes the above sentence is sometimes the way I see things only switched up letters

Anonymous said...

It's a wise person who looks around and enjoys the scenery as she travels.  That makes the time spent more than just a commute; it's a gift.

Anonymous said...

We all live such hurried lives these days, we should always take the time to stand and stare as a well known poem says.  Glad you are enjoying the lighter mornings.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

What a great happiness quote. I loved it.
Hope your day was wonderful starting with the view of the countryside. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh I am enjoying this time change too.  It's so nice having a bit of light in the mornings.  I get to watch the sunrise for part of my drive.  I took a picture on the camera phone this morning.
Have a good Friday.  Yay...

Anonymous said...

I love that it is light again in the morning...
Linda :)