Wednesday, November 29, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 29

YOU'D NEVER KNOW

You'd never know me,

if we passed within inches on the street.

If your picture was in the paper or on TV

I'd not have a clue it was you!

I don't know if you are a Jew or Christian,

Orthodox or Islam, Shinto or Atheist,

Black or White or Asian or Hispanic.

But I know something very important about you.

You have forwarded encouraging messages,

kind words, soft smiles, hard politics,

lovely pictures, laugh-aloud jokes,

sermons, lectures, newspaper clippings,

family photos of fat babies and fat cats,

scripture verses and love.......lots of love!

If you did know me,

you would know that these emails

have seen me through some

dark and heavy days and nights;

have lifted my spirits for a moment,

an hour, a day.

You never know how many times

your forwards have hit the mark

like an arrow to the bulls eye.

So thank you, all over the world,

whoever you are, dear sister or brother.

We know, you and I,

something about each other.

We know the important fact

that somewhere in the world...

someone will be glad they have received

a kind word from another human being today.

Author: Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

When I read the little poem above I thought of all my friends in J-land that give each other lots of much needed support. Kind words and prayers are written every day to someone – somewhere.

I’m thankful that the internet has given me a way to keep in touch each day with family and friends and will be saying a little prayer for you all today.

It’s Wednesday and Over the Hump Day…Another week almost half over. We’ve been enjoying weather in the mid 50’s-60’s here for the past 4days, but come Friday that ‘S’ word and colder weather are back in the forcast.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Good old days start with good new days, like today.

 Denise Settle

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I so needs some cold winter weather. Im so done with this haet wave. I did finally get my entry in and i feel good about that but I wotn leave it up long as I feel I dont wnat it out there for ever.

Anonymous said...

This is so true,and I think we all look forward to those few words each day no matter who they are from or where.They truly lift our spirits thousand fold.Well I know they do mine, thats for sure.How lovely again this entry is.Its a pleasure to read your journal.And may your day too be blessed with a little sunshine and a few smiles to warm your very big heart too.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Our weather has been warm too but with rainy days.... cold weather is coming here tonight again so the weather man says... thats ok if the sun shines again. I miss it. Have a wonderful day, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Have a great day!
I`m so thankful for my J-land friends, too. :0)
Penny

Anonymous said...

Love that about email and the Internet.
Will say a prayer for you too. Hope the rest of your week is an easy one.

Hugs,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I love that poem.  And it's so true!  I'm also grateful for my Jland buddies. They always bring a smile to my face.
Pam

Anonymous said...

How very appropriate ,lovely entry ...love Jan xx