Monday, November 13, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 13

BE THANKFUL

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire.

If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don’t know something,

For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.

During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,

Because they give you strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.

They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you’re tired and weary,

Because it means you’ve made a difference.

It’s easy to be thankful for the good things.

A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who

 Are also thankful for the setbacks.

 Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,

And they can become your blessings.

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

Here I am sipping the good coffee again and praying the dear Lord will help me get started again…I am up but I’m not with it all yet. I am young at heart but the body and the mind just don’t always realize that.

It’ll be a busy week and I’m thankful for it. I love being busy much more than the opposite. As I think back over many years, I really haven’t had many days that had enough hours in them. So what I’m thinking is that I have to get up and go everyday, so I can finish what I didn’t get done yesterday. Some once said “At this rate, I’ll never die”

I am thankful for days, like today, when my gratitude gallops gleefully ahead of me and I have to skip to keep up with it, instead of haul it behind me like a wagon load of manure, hoping it will carry its own weight - by tomorrow.

TODAY’S THOUGHT

Few of us do as much as we want to for others. But there is always one gift we can bestow - a smile. :)

Marjorie Holmes

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again so lovely this entry is.It reminds me very much of myself too.I am on one of the haul days today.Thinks it's because I did lots of travelling yesterday.I am thankful the journey was a safe one there and back though and that I put a smile into quite a few  lives yesterday and my two Grandaughters put plenty into mine.Thankyou for sharing, your journal ,realy lifts me.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co..uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you and your wonderful entry. I pray you have the energy and vitality to enjoy your week.

God bless,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Amen to every word!

Anonymous said...

yes tis good to be thankful for so much to do as I thikn if we did not have things todo then we would just set back and die

Anonymous said...

That is the trouble isn't it?  Our brains still feel young but try telling that to our bodies lol

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your week.
Pam