Tuesday, November 21, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 21

Three Stings

George got stung by a bee and said, "I wouldn't have got stung if I'd stayed in bed."

Fred got stung and we heard him roar, "What am I being punished for?"

Lew got stung and we heard him say, "I learned somethin' about bees today

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I thought about what answer I would have given if I were the one stung by a bee. I don’t think I’d have said much at all other than ‘OUCH’.

That little word Ouch ! says a lot though. We exclaim a sudden expression of pain . It says –that really hurt. I’ve used this word to express pain from lots of different types of things.

Pain of losing a loved one, pain of bitter words from a friend, pain of angry acts of others, lots of different kinds of ‘stings’ .

I’m thankful today that I can learn lessons from these ‘stings’ and I pray for those ‘bees’ that have inflicted them upon me. May they know that I do forgive them and may they forgive me.

Thought for Today

I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

interseting thought process on the bees. I w ould have said what Did I do to make them mad at me.???????  See I always stand still and I always not thrash about. So I wonder if I get stung which is rare what I did.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid too often I answer like George to my problems.   Lew's is the wisest answer.  However, MOST often I just say...how can I make this stop hurting?.  Your thought for the day is a good answer for that.

Anonymous said...

Someting to think about ,Dear Mother Theresa she was a remarkable lady ...love Jan x

Anonymous said...

I've only been stung once....but I stepped on the poor bug by accident...that was an OUCH!  I've usually been able to stand still and they leave me alone.  
What an uplifting entry. You always cheer me up.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Have a beautiful day yourself. God bless and I hope the sun is shining by you.
Angela

Anonymous said...

I have often loved until it hurt and still got stung.I learned lessons from the stings though.A very good entry.Take care  
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hope your day has been filled with the sunshine you share with us.
Love Sylvia xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/Sylviam4000/YeOldeEnglishPosy/

Anonymous said...

Amen that you are able to learn and grow from past "stings."
What cute graphics.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/