Saturday, November 4, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 4

We rob our own lives much more than we know

When we fail to respond or in any way show

Our thanks for the blessings that are daily ours—

The warmth of the sun, the fragrance of flowers

Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING !

This good cup of coffee of mine tastes even better on a chilly morning ! I’m still trying to conserve on the heat bill and keeping the thermostat down low. I’ve got my flannels and fleeces on and keeping toasty anyway.

The snow in northern Ohio all went east of where I live. Only about ½ hour away the roads were snow covered and slippery yesterday. Listening to the traffic reports on the radio I really was thankful that I wasn’t one of those driving on the icy roads. It will come soon enough, but it’s unusual for us to see snow this early in the season.

I’m thankful today that I’ve still got my internet service this morning anyway and very selfishly I ‘ll be saying a little prayer that this transition from Comcast to Time Warner goes very smoothly. I’m sure that there are many others that count on being on line too !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Count your blessings instead of your crosses;

Count your gains instead of your losses.

Count your joys instead of your woes;

Count your friends instead of your foes.

Count your smiles instead of your tears;

Count your courage instead of your fears.

Count your full years instead of your lean;

Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.

Count your health instead of your wealth;

 Count on God instead of yourself.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't turned my heat up yet either. I'm in my flannel and fleece. : ) Trying to conserve for when we really need that heat.
It's 33 degrees right now but going up to 56 today.....so that's good. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

wish someone would send snow here. I love a horn of plenty always have since my youth. use to love to color them. I love the poem.

Anonymous said...

I too am hoping the snow keeps away.LOve the last rhyme.Pity it is author unknown.Lovely enjoy your journal so much.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Well, you will have to let me know how that transition goes as I have comcast myself.  
Wow, no snow or ice anywhere near us.  Course, if we had any precip last night it would have been.
We usually have it here in middle TN around December 20 something ---or maybe a flurry or two b/w Thanksgiving and then.
Take care and keep warm.  You will appreciate this...I took a shower around 4:00 p.m. and changed out of one set of flannels into another.  LOL...I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

50's in the morning when we leave and 70's in the afternoon when we return.... I'm not missing the triple digit temps at all.....
Have a Blessed Sunday!!
Linda :)