Friday, November 10, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 10

Don't ever grow too old for birthdays,

Fun-things that you used to do,

Don't give up your dreams because you

Feel that they have not come true.

Don't forget the sound of laughter,

Or the love in someone's eyes,

Don't trade memories for pleasures,

All that in a moment dies.

Don't give up your zest for living,

Saying you are much too old,

Is this what you feel, or is it

Something that you have been told?

There's a valley deep within us,

Where there is an eternal Spring,

Where there is no sound of sorrow,

And the birds forever sing.

Though your gait is not as steady now,

As once it used to be,

And your vision's clouding over things

You used to clearly see,

Do not let the weight of decades,

Turn you into bitter gall,

For with age there comes a wisdom,

That is a blessing to us all.

Hold your years up like a banner,

Wave it brightly in the sun,

When folks tell you life is over,

Tell them it has just begun.

Loneliness can never touch you,

If you won't allow it to,

And in sharing love with others, ...

God will give it back to you.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It’s FRIDAY! I know this day will be a good one, it always is! We’ve been blessed with a couple of sunny days here this week, but tomorrow they say the rain will be back. I’m glad it’s rain –not snow! After the cold spell we had it is nice not to be shivering when I step out the door.

Today I am thankful that I can continually forgive myself. I can forgive myself for judging myself harshly when things don't turn out just the way I was attached to them turning out.

I can forgive myself when I am disappointed that I didn't speak up and say exactly how I felt about a situation. I can forgive myself because when I did speak up, it didn't come out of my mouth the way my mind thought it would.

All in all, I am very grateful that I am me. I wouldn't want to be anyone else in the whole world.... and that's gratitude!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Giving makes living more loving.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah today im not much for anything I know Im greatful but dont feel greatful. You see I spent last night with my dad who was trying to kill himself. THERE IS NOTING in ths world like the feeling of wrestling with your dad on the floor in a situatio like that!!!!!!!!!! Im exhausted mentally and physically.

Anonymous said...

Your entry has touched me and helped today thankyou.Have you seen the Viva results are through? The announcements have beeen made of the winners..I am glad I gave my vote and have made someones day.Giving makes living more loving, just as your quote says.God bless .Take care.
Astoriasand http://journlas.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry as always my friend.  Have a good weekend.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for the new chance I get every morning to do what I didn't get done yesterday.

Anonymous said...

when ever we get a nice day now we are more grateful aren't we. has been nice here too but today the snow is coming they say. maybe a couple of inches but it won't stay long because the temps are supposed to be in the 40's for at least a couple more weeks yet it says on the 15 day forcast. Hope you week end is a good one, Sandra

Anonymous said...

This has really made me think today.  Thank you.
Jenny<><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/