Wednesday, November 22, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 22

Thanksgiving

By Edgar A. Guest

Give me the end of the year an' its fun

When most of the plannin' an' toilin' is done;

Bring all the wanderers home to the nest,

Let me sit down with the ones I love best,

Hear the old voices still ringin' with song,

See the old faces unblemished by wrong,

See the old table with all of its chairs

An' I'll put soul in my Thanksgivin' prayers.

Good Morning !

I’m am looking forward to spending time with family and friends this weekend. Tomorrow begins a nice four day celebration. I am so thankful for their joy and their laughter. Remembering old times and rejoicing in new ones.

Last night I had a few free hours after work as my son and his family went visiting. I decided to wash a load of towels ( of which there were many ) So I went in the bathroom and boy did it smell good.

I thought maybe DDIL#4 had sprayed some cologne on before leaving…but when I gathered up the towels and went to basement to put the wash in, the fragrance went with me. I’m thinking now that maybe someone (???) had an accident and spilt some instead then mopped it up with the towel.

Isuppose sooner or later-- I’ll find out. It did smell like one of my favorites. I think it must have been Sunflowers…maybe it was my shower gel that got dumped. Oh well …my bath did smell beautiful , if only for a little while.

I found this in an article from the Women of Faith Newsletter Not everyone has the traditional parent-siblings-spouse-kids kind of family – but that doesn’t mean they don’t have one at all. A quick search of the Random House Unabridged Dictionary found 15 different definitions of “family”. Friends, co-workers, Bible study group members, and others . . . any or all of them can make up your family. Connection with another person (or group of people) is not something to be taken lightly. In the hustle and bustle of daily living, it can be easy to take our families for granted. Don’t. Those people are a gift from God to you.

Today I’m thankful for all the families in my life. With the dreary days of winter approaching, we pray for those that bring God's light and hope into our lives.

Thought for Today

Help us to remember

That the key to life and living

Is to make each prayer a prayer of thanks

And every day "Thanksgiving."

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the poem and hte definition. yes so good you enjoyed the smell not the mess.

Anonymous said...

Iam Thankful I found your journal ,have a lovely and blessed Thanks giving ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You already warmed my soul. You have such a beautiful way with words and with this journal. I'm thankful you keep a journal here. God bless you, dear girl, on this Thanksgiving holiday and always.

Angela

Anonymous said...

When something smells so good it just gives me a lift.  So nice.
Pam

Anonymous said...

The little poem is so nice.Glad you had the lovely fragrance around you.Strange how some smells bring lots of memories I think.Glad your was one of your favourites.I don't believe in taking anything for granted we have to be thankful for small mercy's.I hope you have a wonderful weekend with more memories afterwards to cherish of the laughter of your frieinds and family,bringing a little sunshine and smiles.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journlas.aol.co.uk/astoriasand.MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I very much enjoyed the article about "families". My "related to"  family is spread far and wide and I do not often see them. However, I am fortunate enough to have a couple more families that I value dearly -- my family of close friends and my family of co-workers. They truly are a gift to me.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are content and Thankful.  Family and Friends.  What more could a person want.  Sunflowers smells o-so-good!  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.  Glad you had some wonderful smelling laundry.  You will have to let us know when you find out what happened.  LOL.