Monday, November 27, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 27

A rich man once asked a friend, "Why am I criticized for being rich? Everyone knows I will leave everything to charity when I die."

"Well," said the friend, "Let me tell you about the pig and the cow.

The pig was lamenting to the cow one day about how unpopular he was."

"People are always talking about your gentleness and kind eyes," said the pig. "Sure you give milk and cream, but I give more. I give bacon, ham and bristles. They even pickle my feet. Still nobody likes me. Why is that?"

The cow thought a minute, then replied, "Well, maybe it's because I give while I'm still living."

GOOD MORNING !

After the hustle and bustle of the past week, today will seem like a vacation day, even though I’m going to work.

We think sometimes we just don’t have enough time to get things done, but then something unusual comes up and we still get it all done anyway.

Having my family home for a holiday reminds me of times past when I did all those things everyday-- now it’s done only on special occasions. Where did I ever get all that energy???

THOUGHT FOR T0DAY

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

James 1:17

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant even get an entry done nad I still haveboxes to get to set up my winter stuff. I dont see it happening today.Boy I cnat get motivated with this weather.

Anonymous said...

I often wonder where my energy went too. It seemed to disappear when I wasn't paying much attention. Ah aging. My mother always said it was better than the alternative. But aging isn't for wimps. : )

Happy day, dear girl.
Angela

Anonymous said...

I'm back. I have missed you and your always inspiring entries. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I too don't seem to find the same energy to do as I did but I say come on you can do it,with a little help from your friend,and I have managed to so far.Thank the good Lord.He is there always.Lovely entry.Take Care,Have a lovely day.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

GOOD QUESTION!  I often wonder how I managed what I did when I had the five children at home.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cow and pig story!!  Soooo true, eh?
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I think God gives us the energy when He knows we need it!!!  I'm glad to be back at work too; even though it is overwhelming.  People asking for things I've not done yet.  But I just tell 'em it's "in the stack".  
Have a good work week.
Busy one here.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Your house will seem so quiet and still today, but still filled with warm Thanksgiving memories. I think we are supposed to have children when we are young. We have so much youthful energy to do so much. However, now it is time to slow down. "Me" time is what I like to think of it. I have done it all for anyone and everyone and now it is time to do what I want for "me". So far I am loving it.