Sunday, November 12, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 12

You Lord, are our shelter and our harbour. Protect and guide us, when life and all around us gets rough and stormy. Protect and guide us as we begin a new week. Protect and guide those who are close and near to us. Amen.

It is good to have access to somewhere safe and secure in this world to retreat to. Every single one of us needs some form of shelter from those severe and serious storms of life. We also need shelter from a world whose pace is constant, demanding and often unforgiving.

author unknown

Good Morning !

I’m off to church in a little while for my weekly dose of R and R. Refreshed and renewed for another week. The next two weeks will be busy ones. This week I have to prepare my house for company as DS#4 and his family will be coming in next Saturday to spend Thanksgiving week with me.

Then they’ll be here for the whole week. We’ll be having our family feast the Saturday after Thanksgiving. So it’s busy, busy days for me. I’m hoping to have their Christmas gifts finished , so that I can send then home with them and save postage too….we’ll see. They will be going to DDIL#4’s folks for Christmas.

Today, I am thankful for a Loving God who nutures me. I’ll be praying for all of you that you too may find a little refuge from any storms in your life..

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Man loves company even if it is only that of a small burning candle.

Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was the perfect thing to read first thing in the morning.  Thank you so much.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Love thier setting for thier new home. How beautiful isthat?????? sounds like a wonderful gathering. that baby looks like a pumpikn lol , yup a downed sign can make all the differeince. YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!! love to see pictures of the sweet lady I chat with and visit daiily. well Im getting ready for a late lunch early dinner so is that a linner or dunch lol ????????? anyway ten people coming to my home I hav ebeen so stressed on top of the events of the last few days. Todd and girls gone to services and this gives me a chance to really get things done.

Anonymous said...

Your childrens home is so nice and they all look so happy too. Looks like a nice visit... I hope he has a tractor or big snow blower for that long driveway :) Have a nice Sunday, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see your family.  I am spending this evening with my church family and christmas hopefully with my son and all the rest of the family.  One day perhaps they will become church family too.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family. : ) Seems as if you will be one busy grandma for a while.

Love and Happy Sunday,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! Lovely new home..... and lots of smiles...
Linda :)