Wednesday, November 8, 2006

CHAPTER 11, PAGE 8

Like a wheel in motion we have too much momentum to slow down and pause for prayer. If you find it hard to slow down, remember that it is only hard to you because in itself it is easy. Prayer is all about taking time out for ourselves. It is a willingness to speak to God through words, through silence, through music and so on. Short bursts of prayer are the best of all. Thankfully prayer is one of the best free gifts going.

(taken from one of my daily devotionals)

GOOD MORNING !

Lately I’ve had a lot of prayer requests both from people in J-land and from acquaintances--some by e-mail, some not even voiced, but I know they need them, so I pray a lot. I believe our prayers are always heard and answered. Sometimes the answer is ‘no’ or ‘wait’ and those answers aren’t easy to accept.

We know that old song about ‘Unanswered prayers’ Written by: - Pat Alger- Larry Bastian - Garth Brooks

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs

That just because he doesn't answer

doesn't mean he don't care

Some of God's greatest gifts

are unanswered prayers

I think they aren’t really unanswered, but they are answered in a way we did not anticipate. So I’m thankful for prayer, and I pray often and with expectancy. You always know I pray for you !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Maybe if we were charged a fee to pray we would have a better sense of its value. Of course no one could afford it, for the value of prayer is priceless.

Vickie Girard

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use to love to listen to that song unasnwered prayersl

Anonymous said...

A lot of us pray for each other on here, so please remember me in your prayers as well.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Moments in prayer.  Yes, that is what I need.  

Anonymous said...

I have my moments of prayer and I feel much better afterwards.I never expect to be answered instantly though.Thanks for the lovely entry.Take Care God BLess.
Astoriasand  http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYEIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Thankfully there is no unanswered prayer even if we don't always like the answer.  What Father ignores His children when they talk to Him.  Bless you.
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry. It's so true, sometimes we only value what we pay for.  Thank you for posting this.

Angela