Monday, December 12, 2005

WHERE DID THE WEEKEND GO???

 

It is Christmas every time you let God

love others through you . . .

yes, it is Christmas every time you

smile at your brother and offer him your hand

Mother Theresa of Calcutta

 

Good Morning !

As usual I didn’t get everything I planned for this past weekend done! The house is 50% clean, the decorating is 100% done and the wrapping is about 50% done too!

The countdown is now on -- today being day 5.

 

My plans for this week (after work)

Day 5 – wrap for one hour

Day 4 – wrap for another hour

Day 3 - Clean upstairs (I’ve already put Snowman sheets on the spare bed)

Day 2 - Clean basement

Day 1 – Groceries

That’s not too much to do each evening and I’ll still be ready in plenty of time.  Saturday morning I’ll be in the kitchen ! Every one is bringing something to share foodwise and so I don’t have to fix every thing.

I’m making Ham, baked beans, lasagna, a layered salad, frothy slosh ( punch with cranberry/apple juice, gingerale and sherbet) and of course deviled eggs. (Our Princess called to ask if Grand'ma' was making her favorite and of course I said I was)

The babes are bringing veggie squares, sausage bread, pumpernickel bread and spinach dip, Christmas cookies, cheesy potatoes and macaroni salad. I’m sure there are a few other things that I forgot, but that’s the most of it. Sounds like we will be feasting for weeks, instead of one day.

It did snow on and off yesterday, maybe another inch or two of snow added to what we already had. More flurries expected today.

 

In case you don’t have it – here is the link to NORAD – the official Santa Tracking site. http://www.noradsanta.org/en/default.php

That’s all I know this morning -- my good cup of coffee is gone and I do need to go to work! I’ll be wearing a ***BIG SMILE*** today – I hope you will too !

MA

 

May the holy remembrance

 Of the first Christmas Day

Be our reassurance

Christ is not far away

Helen Steiner Rice

 

GRAPHICS BY:

  www.graphicscupboard.com  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum yum.  You cook just like a grandma!

Anonymous said...

ah mine is shot as you will see in my entry. BUT I tell you Im so behind. I normally have all my gifts out by now.

Anonymous said...

Oh the description of all that food, made me ravenous.  Sounds wonderful.  Great photo and it sounds as if you are getting really organised. Never got your address, understand if you do not want to give it, would have liked to have sent a card though.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family!
You are so organized. Good for you. : )
Sounds like a yummy dinner too.
Have a great day!
Angela

Anonymous said...

Your family is beautiful and you must be so proud of all your grandbabies!  Busy days ahead, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry and Silver Bells is one of my favourites.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like you have everything all lined up.