Thursday, December 29, 2005

THANKFULLY THURSDAY!

I do not know the future,

But I know the God who knows,

And in his perfect wisdom,

Unknowing, I repose.

What good could come of knowing?

How little I could do

To meet the joys or sorrows

That I am coming to!

I do not know the future,

But I know the God who knows,

I make his love my study

And follow where he goes.

The path, its joys and sorrows,

I do not care to trace;

Content to know his goodness,

His mercy, and his grace

William Luff

 GOOD MORNING !

Well, I survived yesterday, so there is hope for today ! I’m sorry to disappoint you all, but I forgot the camera and didn’t get any pictures of my desk. It wasn’t bad, though. Even the mail was light, so I didn’t even have a huge pile of that to open and sort.

It was payroll day and everyone was glad I returned from vacation so they could all get paid this week! See, I’m good for something! Today, I pay the bills, another important job as far as the company goes. In a one-gal office you do everything! These are my two favorite days as far as work goes. I love writing all those checks and spending thousands of dollars! Thankfully it’s not my own money.

I have to tell you about one of the cutest Christmas gifts I got--It is a Christmas Clock. It plays a different Christmas Song each hour ! I enjoy it so much and I’ll hate to put it away ! It runs on batteries so I don’t have to remember to wind it – unlike my other two, which haven’t tick tocked since Christmas Day.

I owe , I owe, so it’s off to work I go!

Take good care all !

Remember to give everyone you meet a

***BIG SMILE*** today !

MA

Whatever the past year may have meant to you, make it dead history. But let the new year be a living issue. With a big fresh sponge, dripping with the clear water of forgiveness, wipe clean the slate of your heart.

Enter the year with a kind thought for every one. You need not kiss the hand that smote you, but grasp it in cordial good feeling, and let the electricity of your own resolves find it connecting current -- which very often exists where we think it not.

Make the new year a happy one in your home; be bright of disposition; carry your cares easy; let your heart be as sunshine, and your life will give warmth to all around you. And thus will you and yours be happy.

Ladies' Home Journal

 

cute snowmen by:

 

  www.graphicscupboard.com  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that everyone will get paid because you are there. Must be nice writing all those cheques and maybe imagining it IS your money lol.  The clock sounds nice, what a shame it has to go away until next year.  I like the writing about the New Year, hope it is a good one for all of us.  I know I could certainly use a good one for a change.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

pay days are always good. Please pray one of the puppies started throwing up blood and I have to take one to the vet and its over an hour away the one she uses its so pittilful

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your work day was lighter than you expected. That's very nice.
Your clock sounds wonderful. What a nice present. : )

Well, in case I don't get to journaland until after the weekend, I'll say HAPPY NEW YEAR! And, I wish you health, love, peace and joy!

God bless,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Payroll person is VERY VERY important.   I don't do payroll anymore, but I enter rate changes, figure back pay that gets turned in, and so forth.  I can't imagine having payroll too on what I have now.  Payroll has been turned from an HR function to an accounting function at our company.  Sounds like it's that way at your place if you are paying bills too?
Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

I got that christmas clock for my friend last year...
Linda :)