Saturday, December 3, 2005

SUPER Saturday !

 

Christmas Lights

By Marie Irish


Bright Christmas stars shine on high,
Golden stars in the wint'ry sky;
Christmas candles in windows bright
Send a greeting into the night;
While in our hearts the Christmas flame,
Glows with a love like His who came,
The infant Christ of lowly birth,
To bring good will and peace to earth

 

GOOD MORNING 

 

 

 

 

They say exercise is good for you and today I’m getting mine.  Up and down the stairs I go !  The basement has the laundry and all the Christmas decorations, the first floor has the kitchen dining room and living room that need cleaning and decorating, the second floor has the bedrooms , bath (which need decorating too )  and my craft room, which I’ll be working in off and on

 

I tried to get some laundry done during the week, but I was behind due to the Thanksgiving weekend, so I’m still not done.  All the  gifts that I’ve been painting will be finished today, except for spraying them with clear coat, and I think it’s too cold outside to do that – and it’s not safe to do inside.  We’ll see...

 

***BIG SMILE***

 

 

 

 

The TO DO list for today:

 

Try draping a length of beaded garland on a lampshade to add holiday flair. You can even use a strand of beads as a curtain tie-back

To hold candles more firmly in their holders, use miniature cupcake liners. They fit into most candles holders and can be purchased in pretty silver and gold tones

Give your table a decorative dimension by placing a paper doily over

fabric place mats - or over a tablecloth - at each place setting

and

Here are some cute, but inexpensive gift ideas:

 M&M's - Have a Merry and Most wonderful Holiday Season!!

 Soup or soup mix - Wishing you a "Souper" Holiday Season

 Frozen or ready to bake pizza - Warm up to a wonderful Season "Topped" with Christmas cheer

Apples and Hershey's Hugs - A teacher can't live by apples alone...She needs "Hugs" too!!

Popcorn Balls – Hoping you have a “Ball” this Holiday Season

I’ll have more for you tomorrow!

 

 

May the special joys of the season

 

Be yours today and always

 

MA

 

 

All I need do
Is to silently pray—
God, help me guide me
And go with me today

 

Helen Steiner Rice

 

Today keep God as your constant companion

 

 

graphics by:

 

  

www.cutecolors.com  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the cute sayings yes today we are suppose to get a wintery mix before changing to rain.

Anonymous said...

Oh, popcorn balls.  I've not had those in forever.  Don't exercise too much today  LOL...but I do hope you get things done.

Anonymous said...

Must remember to get some mini cupcake liners, thanks for the tip. Love the poem.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

You're working so hard but I have a feeling you love it.
Did you try the baby wipes to remove the paint?  : )
I just finished a rose painting. MY FIRST that actually came good.
Happy day to you, dear lady,
Angela

PS. My computer is in need of repair. Using my daughter's today......no one is home.LOL! So if you don't see me in four or five days, I haven't forgotten you and no, I haven't heard from that woman. We can only pray which is a lot.

Anonymous said...

I was going to get so much finished today but was just cold all day..  You did well today though, congratulations to you.... I will get out to church tomorrow and maybe start the week off on the right foot... have a good evening, Sandra