Wednesday, December 21, 2005

OVER THE HUMP DAY !

Old Man Winter

Old man winter came in with a blast.

Oh, how I wish he or she

Were a thing of the past!

Every time I go to open my door -

Snow, sleet, wind, rush in

And they are predicting more!

We crawl under the covers

And hide our heads.

Like Rip Van Winkle, I want

To hibernate and stay in bed.

We can't go to Florida, North Carolina, or to the Coast.

Us Northerner's are suffering

And we aren't warm as toast.

All the kids in the neighborhood

Are as happy as can be.

For, there isn't any school, you see.

They won't like it when June comes along.

 With make up days for them,

They'll all be singing a different song.

They may be going to school

Until the fourth of July,

When the fireworks

Are lighting up the sky.

Furnaces running, water pipes

Freezing, and big gas bills, too.

How I wish winter was gone

And all the snow was through.

In February, will be anticipating to see

If the Groundhog comes out of his hole.

If he sees his shadow,

I'll give up and become a mole.

I'm going to bed and wait for

The weather report for tomorrow.

Right now, it's snowing and my heart

Is filled with regret and sorrow.

Old Man winter has my nose.

I'm cold from the top

Of my head, down to my toes.

Another day wasted,

But, I have no regrets.

I have my God,

and my Friends and Family on the net

author unknown

 Good morning !

Over the hump day ! I’m sooooo glad. Even though it’s a 4 day work week it’s going very slow. Except for a visit with my Mom and Dad on Saturday and Church on Sunday , I think I’ll hibernate !

***BIG SMILE***

 

May your day be blessed with a smile or two and a few rays of Sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

From the Book of Blessings by Helen Steiner Rice

(One of my Christmas Gifts this year)

Blessed little memories

Of little things we’ve done

Make the very darkest day

A bright and happy one

Tender little memories

Of some word or deed

Give us strength and courage

When we are in need

Blessed little memories

Help us bear the cross

And soften all the bitterness

Of failure and of loss

Priceless little memories

Are treasures you can’t buy

An oh how poor the world is

 Compared to you and I

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. From the house of the Lord we bless you.

 Psalm 118:26

 

    www.irenescorner.com/graphics  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah we are hibernating thisweekend too. cept for christmas dinne on Sunday with his family. Monday we will have Hnaukkah dinner for mine. I htink Im going to rent the movie must love dogs for us to watch

Anonymous said...

You have to feel good after visiting you! : ) : ) : )
Angela

Anonymous said...

Yes a 4 day work week is splendid!