Friday, December 2, 2005

It's FINALLY Friday !

 

Handprint on the Wall

 One day as I was picking

the toys up off the floor,

I noticed a small hand print

on the wall beside the door.

 I knew that it was something

 that I’d seen most every day,

but this time when I saw it there,

I wanted it to stay.

Then tears welled up inside my eyes,

I knew it wouldn’t last,

for every mother knows

her children grow up way too fast.

Just then I put my chores aside

 and held my children tight.

I sang to them sweet lullabies

and rocked into the night.

Sometimes we take for granted,

all those things that seem so small.

Like one of God’s great treasures....

A small hand print on the wall.

Source unknown

GOOD MORNING !

 

A little more snow is in our forecast. Not much accumulated overnight. Brrrrchill!

I started putting labels on envelopes for Christmas cards at work and went to the post office for Christmas stamps yesterday. I’m ahead of schedule there, but not here at home.

TODAYS TO DO LIST

Sew small brass jingle bells along the hem of a tablecloth.

Boost the effect of votive candles by placing them on squares of mirrored glass.

Tie a festive scarf around a stuffed bear and set him up in a chair

 

Just in case you need one, here is a ***BIG SMILE*** for you all today !

May the songs of the Angels

Bring joy to your heart

This holiday season !

 MA

 

 Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.

Peter Ustinov

 

  www.cutecolors.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH I hope we get some to stick on the ground

Anonymous said...

We are supposed to have some snow today. I admit, I'm looking forward to it....a dusting of white would be so pretty. Have a lovely day.
Angela