Friday, December 30, 2005

IT'S F R I D A Y !

The reason I don’t make resolutions

on New Year’s Day

We don’t have to wait until the start of a new year

to start a new life. Instead I believe that everyday

can be a new beginning, a fresh opportunity

to start to live the way you always wanted to live.

Each new day is a glorious gift from God to enjoy,

to cherish, and to love. Each new day is the start of a

fantastic journey in growing, learning, and becoming.

Each new day is another chance to find joy,

to bring joy, and to share joy.

Each new day is one more time that we can

help each other, give to the world, find oneness with God,

and be the person that we always dreamed we could be.

GOOD MORNING !

It’s Friday ! This short work week will soon be over and hooray ! another long weekend in sight! I have Monday off too, as New Years Day is on Sunday. I don’t have to tell you all how I love weekends!

***BIG SMILE***

 The undecorating will begin in earnest tomorrow! It’ll be a quiet weekend with no big celebration for me. My party days are behind me. Sunday we celebrate with a pork roast and sauerkraut. Tradition says it brings good luck in the New Year.

I think DD and her hubby will be the only ones joining me for dinner as everyone else has other plans.

Enjoy your FRIDAY ! I certainly will !

MA

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.

They must be felt with the heart.

 Helen Keller

 

Today's graphics by:

 

  www.cutecolors.com  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH I Am so ready for a quiet entry into the new year. Im so ready to get into a routine my OLD routine again. We will gather for dinner at moms and normally we ahve friends over but I have invited only one friend and her husband and his mom who lives with them over. I tell you I would invite more but you kidn of get tired of the cat andmouse game of well I dont know we will see if we or what hubby decides to do. some come some dont some come yearly after they tease for a week well I dont kow. So you either buy too much food or not enough. SO i just wnat ane asy celebration after the trauma this week of up and down nine dogs going thru sickness gettig well and geting better and getting well and rushing one to the vet after all night force feedings of liquid only to hear no we dont think its parvo not hte symptoms and shes perking up only to ehar yes she does have it but we will treat her. IM just so tired and so stressed I just need a little quiet. Yet I feel guilty for being glad the rescue lady is back home to take the puppies and yet again Im missing them already adn they are not gone. I feel guilty for not wanting ot invest the time in friends and the up and down game of will they or wil they not come. I tell you IM just ready to hibernate for a week and of all the years I feel like I could sleep thisone in. WONDER if the extra second at hte end of hte new year will give me any catch up time lol

Anonymous said...

We will have to do our black eyed peas for good luck on New years.
And our own tradition is fondue on New Years Eve.
I will most likely take pics of each course and put on the journal.
Have a good one.  I'll take decorations down on New Years Day.

Anonymous said...

Since my daughter's family will be having company this weekend, I  won't be cooking our once-a-week big family meal, and Cliff and I can go on with our weight-loss schedule!  I guess you could say we started early on our New Year's Resolution.

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy New Year and enjoy your weekend.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
I'll be watching the ball fall. LOL!

Angela


Anonymous said...

My to do list is already so long it won't hold resolutions.  LOL.  It's all one in the same really for me.  I have a lot of ambitions and goals and to do's.  I had those before the new year started and the list is long and time consuming.  

And yes, I agree that we have a fresh new day to start anew in the Lord.  
Ok, going to bed now for real.