Monday, December 19, 2005

Back to work!

 

A Christmas list that will touch your heart

Christmas List

Snowflakes softly falling

Upon your window they play.

Your blankets snug around you,

Into sleep you drift away.

I bend to gently kiss you,

when I see that on the floor there's a letter,

neatly written I wonder who it's for.

I quietly unfold it making sure you're still asleep,

It's a Christmas list for Santa

one my heart will always keep.

It started just as always with the toys seen on TV,

A new watch for your father and a winter coat for me.

 But as my eyes read on I could see

that deep inside there were many things

you wished for that your loving heart would hide.

You asked if your friend Molly could have another Dad;

It seems her father hits her and it makes you very sad.

Then you asked dear Santa if the neighbors down the street

could find a job, that he might have some food,

and clothes and heat.

You saw a family on the news whose house had blown away,

"Dear Santa, send them just one thing,

a place where they can stay."

"And Santa, those four cookies that

I left you for a treat,

Could you take them to the children

who have nothing else to eat."

"Do you know that little bear I have,

the one I love so dear?"

"I'm leaving it for you to take to Africa this year."

 "And as you fly your reindeer on this night of Jesus' birth,

Could your magic bring to everyone

goodwill and peace on earth."

"There's one last thing before you go,

so grateful I would be,

If you'd smile at Baby Jesus in the manger by our tree.

I pulled the letter close to me I felt it melt my heart.

Those tiny hands had written what no other could impart.

 " A little child shall lead them," was whispered in my ear,

as I watched you sleep on Christmas Eve,

while Santa Clause was here.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

 Children do make Christmas so special ! We are so blessed in our family to have the grand’babes’. DS#5 said he missed the Christmases of the past, when we’d all go to Midnight Mass then come home and hurry off to bed then get up early in the morning to find ‘Santa’ had come during the night.

It seems to me that was just yesterday!

Memories are so wonderful! Now we get together to share a meal and gifts and then each one goes their way to make some new memories of their own. I hope they all know how important it is to make Christmas and everyday a day to celebrate.

***BIG SMILE***

May all your Christmas memories be wonderful ones too!

MA

 Keep life simple.

At this time of year it's easy

to get caught up in the rush of the season.

Remember this season is of love.

As long as you think, act and

speak of love every moment

you are in the spirit of Christmas

all through the year

Unknown Author

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes and its such a busy time hard to stop and enjoy

Anonymous said...

Christmas memories are the best ones!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it does seem like yesterday when our kids were small and we made our memories. We hope they keep those memories tucked inside, as they make new ones with their own children. I know I remember mine as a child and I hope my children remember theirs. Our memories are good ones. : )

Angela