Tuesday, December 6, 2005

HAPPY ST. NICKS' DAY

Jolly Old St. Nicholas

 Jolly old Saint Nicholas,

Lean your ear this way!

Don't you tell a single soul

What I'm going to say;

 Christmas Eve is coming soon;

Now, you dear old man,

Whisper what you'll bring to me;

Tell me if you can.

When the clock is striking twelve,

When I'm fast asleep,

Down the chimney broad and black,

With your pack you'll creep;

All the stockings you will find

Hanging in a row;

Mine will be the shortest one,

You'll be sure to know.

Johnny wants a pair of skates;

Susy wants a dolly;

Nellie wants a story book;

 She thinks dolls are folly;

As for me, my little brain Isn't very bright;

Choose for me, old Santa Claus,

 What you think is right.

 

This is one of my favorite FUN Christmas songs. We even play it on our Dulcimers. When my Babes were home, everyone sat their shoes by the fireplacethe night before St. Nick’s day and when they got up the next morning, there was always a treat inside the shoes. Usually some candy of some kind. Last night it was supposed to have been 16 degrees here . AOl weather says it’’s 4 degrees at 5:17 am here. BRRRCHILL!

I am really layering up today and I think I’ll go out and start the car and let it run for a few minutes before I leave for work. Journals was not available ??? EARLIER so my post is late today

On today’s TO DO list :

On a clear night, find the bright North Star and recall the story of the Wise Men

Fix yourself a cup of hot cocoa and read "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost

For a great holiday scent, buy a small fragrant topiary-such as rosemary- for a kitchen windows

Don't toss that turkey or chicken wishbone, save them. Wash and dry thoroughly and spray-paint it a bright holiday color, like red or green. Attach and ribbon and use it as a package decoration. Kids will jump at the chance to make a special Christmas wish

And here is some more inexpensive gift ideas for you:

Potpourri - "May this sweet scent bring back thoughts of warm Christmases long ago!" Merry Christmas!

Cleaners - "You add sparkle and make our life brighter!" Merry Christmas!

Nuts - "We're nuts about you!" Merry Christmas!

Lifesavers - " You've been a life saver!" Have a great Christmas!

A juice pitcher filled with candy canes- "We pitcher you raising a little "cane" during the holidays!" Have a merry Christmas!!

I’m not sure where I found this list – some place on the web. I was doing one of my searches and found it. There are still several more that I’ll be sharing with you.

 ***BIG SMILE***

…in all seasons and for all time

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

 MA

 What must I do to insure peace of mind?

 Is the answer I'm seeking, too hard to find?

How can I know what God wants me to be?

How can I tell what's expected of me?

HELEN STEINER RICE

Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will be established. Proverbs 19:21

(SORRY NO GRAPHICS TODAY , I'M POSTING FROM WORK....)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song and so does Becky. I used to play it on the keyboard for her when she was little and she has never forgotten it.  Now she will teach her boys.



Anonymous said...

thats such apeppy song

Anonymous said...

What a fun and uplifting holiday entry. I just loved it. : )
Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh that is good about "We Pitcher you raising a little cane".  Love it.