Friday, December 16, 2005

FINALLY , IT'S FRIDAY !

 

CHRISTMAS BEGINS

When the song of angels is stilled,

When the star in the sky is gone,

When the kings and princes are departed,

When the shepherds are back with their flocks,

The work of Christmas begins:

To find the lost

To heal the broken

To feed the hungry

To release the prisoner

To rebuild peace among brothers

To make music for all to hear.

Howard Thurman

GOOD MORNING!

One more day – and that’s today - til our Family Christmas Celebration. I have everything done except for cooking and that’s the fun part. I do like to cook and love it when I have company!

I have a Guardian Angel that visits my office every now and then. She’s my boss’s Sister. Yesterday she came in bearing Christmas cookies and nut rolls that she had just made, so that I’d have some for Saturday! I should call her the COOKIE ANGEL.

When she stopped in, I had just discovered that I had no checks in my checkbook to pay for the hair cut I was supposed get on my way home from work. My GA saved my day and loaned me the money til tomorrow, so I didn’t have to skip my hair cut. She is an angel! If I’d gone home for more checks, I’d been too late for my appointment.

Now I have to remember to stop at the bank and get some money out this morning to pay her back, and put more checks in my checkbook.

Our big storm yesterday sorta fizzled – thank the good Lord. We wound up with more rain and slush than snow and ice.

I hope that you are blessed with a nice Guardian Angel today ! You just never know when one might appear.

*** BIG SMILE***

MA

 

   

 

  Angel graphics by:    

 

 www.irenescorner.com/graphics  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I could always use a Guardian angel, hope there is on around for me.  Hope you have a wonderful family celebration, enjoy the cooking.  Glad you got your hair done.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I seldom comment but I wanted you to know I can't survive without my "Good Morning" fix each day.  You are my CA.  (Computer Angel)

Anonymous said...

ah isnt it sweet when someone is so kind to help you out in our busyness when we forget. I keep a bank card becuase I am always forgetting my stupid checks. But funny now htat i got the bank card I dont seem to do that as much. lol Yes the h oliday rush begins

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, I was blessed by an angel today. It's so nice. Yes!
Enjoy your holiday and wonderful weekend. May the angels fill your home both from above and on earth and may the smell of sweet cooking warm all of their hearts.......and bellies. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's hard to remember to put another thing of checks in your checkbook.  By the time you get home, you forget.  Glad your "angel" helped out.