Saturday, December 24, 2005

CHRISTMAS EVE

GOOD MORNING !

A little story for you today ...

 

An ordinary night with ordinary sheep and ordinary shepherds. And were it not for a God who loves to hook an "extra" on the front of the ordinary, the night would have gone unnoticed.

The sheep would have been forgotten, and the shepherds would have slept the night away. But God dances amidst the common. And that night he did a waltz. The black sky exploded with brightness. ...

Sheep that had been silent became a chorus of curiosity. One minute the shepherd was dead asleep, the next he was rubbing his eyes and staring into the face of an alien. The night was ordinary no more. The angel came in the night because that is when lights are best seen and that is when they are most needed.

God comes into the common for the same reason.

Max Lucado in The Applause of Heaven

 

Christmas Eve always seems like a magical time. The gathering of friends and family and the anticipation of gifts unopened.

I’ll be visiting my Mom and Dad sometime today. Otherwise, I’m going to stay in and keep warm. I love to read the Christmas Story in Luke 2 and just sit and look at the Christmas Tree Lights and maybe play some Christmas Music.

 

If I could have a Christmas wish.

Yes, if such things could be.

There are somethings that I'd wish for

that are just for you from me.

I know I'd wish when you wake up

the Christmas day to start

You'd find yourself a-smiling

from a peace within your heart.

And I would wish your mind at peace -

as you think about next year.

And freedom from all worries and

freedom from all fear.

And I would wish you joyfulness and

strength to reach your goal

And deep, abiding peacefulness,

And wellness in your soul.

I know I may not get my wish but if I could

- it's true -

A Deep, Abiding, Heart-felt Peace

Is my Christmas Wish for you!.

 

 

Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.

 Ruth Carter Stapleton

   

Please accept my hearty good wishes

For a season of calm and cheer

May Christmas joy reign in your heart

And gladden the coming year!

 

***BIG SMILE ***

 

MA

 

  www.graphicgarden provided the graphics today  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My big wish this year is that NO RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Christmas posting.  All is done at this end. I shall be reading my bible later and listening to the carol service as I cannot get to church.  God bless you my friend and have a wonderful Christmas.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I wish you and your family all that's beautiful and filled with His peace this Christmas day and always.

God bless,
Angela