Friday, December 23, 2005

FINALLY FRIDAY !

 

Candlelit Heart

A Christmas Poem by Mary E. Linton

Somewhere across the winter world tonight

You will be hearing chimes that fill the air;

Christmas extends its all-enfolding light

Across the distance...something we can share.

You will be singing, just the same as I,

These familiar songs we know so well,

And you will see these same stars in your sky

And wish upon that brightest one that fell.

I shall remember you and trim my tree,

One shining star upon the topmost bough;

I will hang wreaths of faith that all may see --

Tonight I glimpse beyond the hear and now.

And all the time that we must be apart

I keep a candle in my heart.

 

 

Good Morning !

I always keep a candle (electric one) burning in my living room window all year long. I read somewhere that it means welcome . I’d like to think that no matter when my family and friends come, all are welcome here. I have family scattered far away and I'll be missing them this Christmas too .

Today I’m going to catch up on my laundry and do a little cleaning up, as no cleaning has been done since my babes were all in last Saturday. There just hasn’t been time.

Now I feel like I have all the time in the world, but I know the next few days will go by fast. I love the fly lady and all here little tips on doing 15 minutes at a time, but most evenings even 15 minutes is more than I want to do.

I hope you’re all still SMILING !

You know I am !

***BIG SMILE***

MA

Snowmen fall from Heaven,

Some assembly required

 

graphics by:

  www.cutecolors.com  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have mellowed out too.  For the first time in my 45 years of marriage, I have little left to do before the babes come in on Saturday.  Who knew that I could feel so calm and ready.  Now to enjoy Christmas.  To give and receive the love that this is all about and to remember the ONE.  The true Prince of Peace.  Thank you for your inspiration.  

Anonymous said...

on hte Sabbath we are to let our light shine in  the window we light the candle and let it burn after our prayers its is to let our light shine so everyone will know we are Gods children and we honor and observe hime.

Anonymous said...

Oh I know you are enjoying your days off.  Yes, you are right, they will go buy too fast.