Friday, December 9, 2005

FRIDAY - IT'S STILL SNOWING!

The beautiful in life...

 Some talk of it in poetry,

Some grow it from the soil,

Some build it in a steeple,

ome show it through their toil.

Some breathe it into music,

Some mold it into art,

Some shape it into bread loaves...

Some hold it in their hearts.

Bernard Meltzer

GOOD MORNING !

It doesn't matter whether the gift is very smelly perfume, a tee shirt, or a box of chocolates because it doesn't matter what we give nearly as much as why we give. Love can make a small thing seem big. It can make an inexpensive thing seem priceless. When something is given with love it becomes the best kind of gift ... a gift of the heart

All the news last night was about the weather. A big storm headed our way, SNOW warnings for the whole state of Ohio ! Outside does look pretty white this morning ! I’ll be taking my time going to work. I know all the teachers and children were praying for a snow day! I’d like one too, but the place I work for doesn’t give those out.

This weekend is my finish upweekend. Everything that needs it will be finished for my Family Christmas Celebrationnext Saturday. I want to have the work week ahead free so that I’m not worn out by the time Saturday gets here. All I should have yet to do is pick up some groceries. Sometimes I’m just so tired, I really don’t get to enjoy the holiday.

I got my Christmas Ham yesterday. My boss always gives them out to all the employees. It’s in the deep freeze in the garage. (My picnic cooler) There’s no room in my little fridge and it is below freezing out, so I’m sure it will keep just fine.

 

A few more ideas for inexpensive gifts

Wooden spoon - Whether stirring up cakes, cookies, soups or soufflés; You'll find this spoon useful in so many ways. But whatever it's use, it says, Merry Merry Christmas from us to you!

Flower - If friends were flowers, we'd pick you! Happy Holidays!! Or You make friendship bloom all year round!

Filled jar or stocking - Have a fun filled Christmas this year!

Candle - May your days be happy, your heart be light, your Christmas merry and the New Year Bright

Calendar - Keep Christmas in your heart the whole year through

Sparkling Cider - Wishing you a Sparkling Holiday Season

 

May the spirit of the first Christmas Brighten your home And your heart

***BIG SMILE***

MA

Teach me how to quiet

My racing, rising heart,

So I may hear the answer

You are trying to impart

Helen Steiner Rice

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

all we got is ice and we still got school UGH I hate today

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips and most of all for Helen Steiner Rice's beautiful poetry.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

You should have everyone bring a dish and you just make the turkey or the ham and then you won't be tired and you can ENJOY. : )
Have a happy weekend, beautiful lady.
Angela

Anonymous said...

I have a friend in Centerville Ohio---near Ketterling or something like that.   They have also been enjoying the snow.  She has a 2 year old.