Tuesday, December 27, 2005

LAST DAY OF VACATION

 

Thank God for the little things

That fill our hearts with love,

For all of these reminders

Sent from Heaven up above...

For snowflakes that fall

To cover the ground,

For the fire we've made

And it's warm crackling sound.

For a cup of hot cocoa,

A spot of cider or tea,

Or perhaps maybe just

A simple mug of coffee.

I'm thankful for all

Of the different ways

To warm one's heart

On a cold winter's day.

For the comforts

Of our home so sweet,

A snuggly warm bed

And soul food to eat.

For the children all playing

Out in the bright snow,

And how their smiles

Set my heart aglow.

For the songs we sing

Of joy, peace and love;

For good tidings we pray

To our Father above.

Though it surely may be

Quite frigid outside,

We will always be warm

With the Lord as our guide.

For all the joy

His kindness brings;

I find my sprits lifted up,

For He truly gives my soul it's wings.

Oh, thank you Lord,

For all of winter's little blessings...

Author unknown

Good Morning !

I’ve had so many blessings this year that it’s difficult to count them all . Perhaps I should add my daily blessing to this journal so that I can look back and see what did happen.

From the little things like a phone call from my laughing ‘Sunshine Boys’ to the good news that once again my youngest son’s annual check up showed that he is cancer free, the blessings just keep on coming . None of my best blessings cost a lot of money, because none of them could be purchased.

This Christmas vacation of mine has really been a blessing. I got to talk to or visit with most of my family. I got some much needed rest and catch up on some things that needed done.

Today I’d best start on my ‘Thank You’ cards for all the wonderful gifts I’ve received!

 May the special moments of Christmas touch all of us,

***BIG SMILE***

MA

Fear less, hope more;

Whine less, breathe more;

Talk less, say more;

Hate less, love more;

And all good things are yours.

Swedish Proverb

 

  www.graphicgarden.com   provided the snowmen graphics today    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH enjoy your last day of vacation. Yes a blessing journal is a good thing. would be neat to put blessing in where they have other journals or other links and have  alist over there right on the side bar.

Anonymous said...

The saying goes "The best things in life are free" and it's very true. Glad you had a lovely Christmas.
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are getting lots of blessings, always nice to hear that things are going well for other people.  Oh, we did not spend Christmas with the family which made things even worse. They came over to exchange presents, we grabbed a couple of photos and then they were gone.  This is the second Christmas running that we have not spent with them.  We spent christmas day alone and all day yesterday alone hunting for keys which, I think now, are lost forever. Got to see about changing the door locks now!