Friday, February 29, 2008

BOOK O8, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 29

Until you make peace with who you are,

you'll never be content with what you have.

Doris Mortman

Much of the unhappiness in our world today has its roots in how we see ourselves. Too often we put ourselves down and fall into the tempting trap of comparing ourselves to others. We need to let the negative and cloudy parts of our past behind and move on. It is the only way forward.

From one of my Thursday morning reflections

GOOD MORNING !

I hope you can look in the mirror today and be happy with who you are ! I always try to remember that the good Lord made me so I must be very valuable as are all his creatures great and small.

Most of the time I am at peace with who I am and what I do. I’ve had so many blessings in my life that if I don’t have the peace in my heart that I know I should, I just start making a list and pretty soon I’m at peace once again.

I also try to remember each day when I greet some one that they too are one His creations and deserve only the best I can offer too.

Most of what I have to offer is a SMILE, but I’ve got to say I have a real hard time being nice to telemarketers on the phone. I’ll have to think real hard on something nice I can say to them….

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Peace begins with a smile. Smile five times a day at someone you don't really want to smile at at all. Do it for peace.

Mother Teresa of Calcutta

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and

lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you love fridays so TGIF!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Great entry again ,love the lovely Mother Theresa ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Good thought...on how we see ourselves...smile when you look in the mirror, I agree!
Have a great weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Have a peaceful groovy weekend!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

It took me a long time to realize that God said to love others as we love ourselves. lol Yes a smile is nice. I SMILE when saying.. "Thank you, I appreciate your time, but I am not interested." If they continue... I just hang up. lol Try saying something when you are smiling... just automatically say it nicer. lol I am running late on comments. :( Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your days off. :-) Blessings, Janie