Wednesday, February 6, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 6

 

 

(Psalm 34:5- A variation)

How lovely are the faces

Of those who talk with God...

Lit with an inner sureness

Of the path their feet have trod;

How gentle is the manner

Of those who walk with Him!

No strength can overcome them,

And no cloud their courage dim.

Keen are the hands and feet, ah yes,

Of those who wait His will,

And clear as crystal mirrors

Are the hearts His Love can fill.

Some lives are drear with doubt and fear

While others merely plod;

But, lovely faces mark the ones

Who walk and talk with God.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

More rain for us today, but getting colder so the snow will be returning. Yesterday it was in the 50's at this time, today it is in the mid 30's.

I’ve got an appointment for a hair cut after work today. I always try to schedule them about a month apart. It’s hard to believe that a month has gone by so fast. My hair is just now growing out to a manageable length as I’ve fought with it every day since the last cut.

I’ve got some hair in the back of my head that needs a longer length or else it tends to stick strait up. I tried to explain that to the gal who cut my hair, but…it was cut short short anyway. I think this will be her last chance as if it’s not done right this time I’ll try and find someone else. I don’t expect miracles, just a decent cut. We shall see…

My maternal grandmother was one of those ladies that fit the description above of one who walked and talked with God. She was such a gentle and kind person and was a good teacher too. She had the patience of a saint for sure.

But she liked to get her hair done and one of my aunts would always volunteer her services when she’d go to visit.

She would cut and style and also color my grandmother’s hair. I always knew when she’d been to visit as my grandmother’s naturally grey hair would be black. It was rather startling to be sure.

Enough of my reminiscing for today, I’m off to work once more…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You don’t have to be young…to form the habits of love.

It is never too late to choose them.

They can become your blessings

not just in old age but at any age.

You can start today to fill

your life with the happiness

they create, joy they share,

and oneness with God they bring.

You can open doors with your kindness,

open hearts with your helpfulness,

and open souls with your goodness.

God gives you a lifetime to learn the habits of love

and to share them with the world.

May you always delight in doing so.

Joseph J. Mazzella

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart .

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Granny sounds a lady ahead of her time ,colouring her hair ,I hope yours turns out ok this time ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Good Morning I hope the girl or lady cuts your hair to perfection this time.Theres nothing worse than being dissapointed with a hair cut I don't think.Your Grandmother sounds just Like my Mother was except for the hair colourant.I hope your weather isn't quite as cold as predicted and you see a little sunshine to warm your heart along with a few smiles.,Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Wow your grandmother went to jet black hair?? That would be a shock! LOL! As long as she enjoyed it that's all that matters.
Hope you have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that was a shock to say the least.  LOL

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Do hope your hair goes well , hope your day is good as well

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a good hair cut today!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the hair, I hope you stay warm with all that snow.
Windy here..no tornado thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to get a hair cut if done right...you have every right to be picky.  It is nice to go back and remember some things...hope you have a lovely evening...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

it's nice to be back. We got about 14 inches of snow here in IL. What a day.

Anonymous said...

Don't know what I would do without God. Freezing rain last night and then snow. Gary had to take my step dad for doctor appointment. At least my step dad knows a little more now. I am picky when it comes to my hair. The one I have now always leaves the bangs a little too long... then I cut it a couple of weeks later. I cut my own hair for about 10 years because I could do it better than the ones cutting it. I just hate to have hair all over me when I cut it!! lol My Granny had me give her 2 perments. lol I was always curling her hair for her. Had not remembered that for a long time. :)  God Bless and hope you day was blessed. Janie