Monday, February 11, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 11

A Winter Sunrise

God gave us the most glorious Winter sunrise this morning. The huge clouds seemed to float majestically across the entire sky. The reds, pinks, purples, and yellows mixed together to create a beautiful, joyous, and uplifting sight for the eyes, mind, heart, and soul.

Birds flew silently and peacefully across the Heavens ,and the entire world seemed to be quietly rejoicing in the love and care God put into this morning light. It was so fantastic and so heart warming a sight that I couldn't stand to just watch it through the windows of my heated home. I wanted to be out there surrounded by it. I quickly pulled on my coat then and stepped out on my porch. I looked up to the Heavens with a smile on my face. I breathed in deeply the icy, morning air. I felt my heart beating with happiness, my mind filling with peace, and my soul dancing with delight.

I thanked God for this wonderful gift of beauty, love, and joy and for the gift of my life as well. I read the other day that many people see only one sunrise in a thousand. It saddened me to think that these gifts from God, given every morning, were being missed by so many.

It made me think of all the other gifts from God that we miss, reject, or ignore as well. The arms on our bodies are wonderful gifts, but we rarely use them to hug another. Our voices are fantastic gifts, but we use them to laugh and sing far less than we could. We don't use our teeth to smile enough, our feet to dance enough, and our eyes to see enough either. This is why we miss so many sunrises and this is why we miss so much love and joy as well.

Don't miss out on God's gifts then. Don't miss out on the opportunities God gives us every day. Seize them. Rejoice in them. Watch a sunrise with them. Do good with them. Share love and joy with them. And use them to always grow closer to the One who gave them.

by: Joseph J. Mazzella

GOOD MORNING !

Thoughts of sunrises are definitely a good thing. I’ll be trying to catch more of them after reading that inspirational message above. We do sometimes to tend to overlook the blessings that come our way.

Mr. Mazzella has a wonderful way of putting together some very good thoughts. I find a lot of his stories on this website. http://www.skywriting.net/

I’ve been asked before about where I find all the quotes, poems etc. for my journal, so I’ll try and leave more links for you from now on. There are some days that I’ll spend an hour or two just searching for something that inspires me and that I want to share with you.

I also have a great number of books that I use and the area around my computer can get pretty cluttered at times. The computer sits in the front room of my house and as I rarely have anyone here but me, that is an ok thing. It is when company is coming that I have to scurry around cleaning up my messes.

At work, I’m a much more organized person as I have this wonderful desk/work area that is like a horseshoe with shelves and drawers built in to store everything I need right at my fingertips. There just isn’t room enough at home for anything like that.

Speaking of work, that’s where I’m headed off to this morning

I owe , I owe … it’s off to work I go.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

To handle yourself, use your head.

To handle others, use your heart.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 

MA

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We too had a glourious sunrise today.So much so I got out my camera.who might know the batteries were flat Grr.Tha sun walike a large ball of fire at 8am.I walked the on the pavement above the beach and it was just beautiful crisp frosty and cold but wonderful.I am a very organised and tidy eprson at all time he-he .everyone to there own way I say.I cannot do with clutter and everything has to be just where I can put my finger on it but hidden away LOL!! Speaking of work ,now I have caught up on my comments this early morn ,I think I best get some housework done .Then it's bakign time for a nice home made quiche for tea.I hope you get a few smiles this morning and a little sunshine to warm your heart.Thankyou for the link I will pop by later and take a look.Take Care God Blesss Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Have a good day:) My area around my computer is covered with books and papers too.  I like your quotes and graphics, always good.
Love, Cassie

Anonymous said...

I love sunsets and sunrises, I'm just not in a good position to see many of them.  We have to appreciate what we can see, lately I've been enjoying the many birds in our yard, and looking at the buds on the trees ready to pop out, next month maybe.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I used to see more sunrises when I worked at the hospital. They were beautiful! But, now I keep later hours.
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I love sunsets. :) I am not a morning person I miss a lot of the sun rise. :) Sounds like you have a nice work area. I put my lap top on the table. Since my husband has retired I use it on my lap in the living room until battery runs down. Makes it seem better in same room with him. Can visit inbetween. :) Wishing you a wonderful day. We had ice this morning. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Reminded me of another lovely hymn ,All good gifts around us are sent from heaven above ,then praise the lord ,praise the lord for all our love ...love aJan xx