Wednesday, February 20, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 20

Whatever our individual troubles and challenges may be, it’s important to pause every now and then to appreciate all that we have, on every level.

We need to literally “count our blessings,” give thanks for them, allow ourselves to enjoy them, and relish the experience of prosperity we already have.

Shakti Gawain

Just for today, I’ll try to notice the beautiful things I normally don't notice. . . .

When you remain aware of the treasures that follow you all the days of your life, you will begin to feel an authentic joy throughout times of sunshine and rain. Count your blessings today--your greatest treasures. Name each one with a feeling of gratitude. You will begin to feel a deep peace and joy that will not ever leave your heart.

Have a fantastic day!

Steve Brunkhorst

GOOD MORNING !

I was reading some positive thoughts in my search for today’s entry and the following questions were asked.

How much do you value all that you have in life right now?

How much do you appreciate the gifts and the people and the things in your life?

Most of the time I am very thankful for all the blessings in my life . Sometimes, though, my focus shifts to things that I don’t have–but want–and then I lose sight of just how blessed I am to have what I do. It’s a shame when that happens, but as I grow older I find that it happens much less.

Material things mean less and less to me and are just a little icing on the cake as far as I am concerned. What means most in my life continues to be my faith, my family and my home. I include my home because there is where my family can come at any time, not because of its value in dollars or the things inside.

We must always remember that possessions have no inherent value. They become what we make them. If they increase our capacity to give, they become something good. If they increase our focus on ourselves and become standards by which we measure other people, they become something bad.

Kent Nerburn

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Things That Never Die

The pure, the bright,

the beautiful that stirred our hearts in youth,

The impulses to wordless prayer,

The streams of love and truth,

The longing after something lost,

The spirit's longing cry,

The striving after better hopes--

These things can never die.

The timid hand stretched forth to aid

A brother in his need;

A kindly word in grief's dark hour

That proves a friend indeed;

The plea for mercy softly breathed,

When justice threatens high,

The sorrow of a contrite heart--

These things shall never die.

Let nothing pass, for every hand

Must find some work to do,

Lose not a chance to waken love--

Be firm and just and true.

So shall a light that cannot fade

Beam on thee from on high,

And angel voices say to thee--

"These things shall never die."

Charles Dickens

I found so many nice things to share today that this is a little longer than usual. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Please make this a very special day in your life!  God bless. . . .

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

GRAPHICS BY:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree most of the time I'm very happy for all I have, but yes when I'm feeling down I don't always see it that way. Thanks for the wonderful entry.

Anonymous said...

What a great entry...a one for good thought!  Hope you have a lovely day...hugs and love
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Loved this entry! I found myself pausing to think of my blessings in the middle of reading your entry. Thank you.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Just reading your entry is the sunshine of my day.  So I don't always comment lately, but I read every morning I can.  It looks like our sunshine may be gone today, but we had some beautiful days.  Remember today is hump day.  Joni

Anonymous said...

I sure like your birds. I find myself much like you in that there is not much that I want in life and even less that I need. The things in life that I appreciate the most do not cost money and do not take up space...spending time with family, friends, having coffee at the beach on a sunny day, seeing the first flowers of spring, marvelling at a beautiful sunset, enjoying the wind in my face, giving a smile to someone to brighten their day, a kind gesture to someone in need. My possesions do not own me and many just help me to get through life a little easier.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful entry. Yes, it does make a difference when we stop and count our blessings. It is also amazing how the value of some things change with our age. lol God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Yes I most certainly did enjoy ,I dont know how you do it each day ,Enjoy your day ..love Jan xx