Sunday, February 10, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 10

ATTITUDE

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves;

they will always have entertainment.

Blessed are those who can distinguish between a mountain and a molehill;

they will save themselves a lot of trouble.

Blessed are those who can rest and sleep without looking for excuses;

they will become wise.

Blessed are those who are intelligent enough not to take themselves too seriously;

they will be appreciated.

Blessed are you if you can look seriously at small things and peacefully at serious things;

you will go far in life.

Blessed are you if you can admire a smile and forget a scowl;

your path will be sunlit.

Blessed are you if you can always interpret the attitudes of others with good will, even when appearances are to the contrary;

you may seem naive, but that is the price of charity.

Blessed are those who think before acting and who laugh before thinking;

they will avoid foolish mistakes.

Blessed are you if you know how to be silent and smile, even when you are interrupted, contradicted or walked on;

the gospel is beginning to take root in your heart.

Blessed are you especially if you know how to recognize the Lord in all those you meet;

you have found the true light, true wisdom.

Fr. Joseph Folliet From A Canopy of Stars

 

GOOD MORNING !

It is SUNDAY – my day for R & R. To be be refreshed and renewed for another week is a must for me.

You know I’ve been fighting those winter blahs and being housebound so much with no sunshine to speak of. I was thinking that I’m so blessed by so much else, I shouldn’t let this ‘winter’ condition get to me so much. I don’t know exactly how to describe it, but mostly it is just a feeling of no pep or energy for much of anything.

I started writing out the Valentine cards I’ll be sending out this week to all my family . Young and old will be getting a card from me. They are so bright and cheery and I found some little buttons for some of them to wear that say what would be on the heart candies so popular at Valentines’ Day. Some say SASSY or FABULOUS or FLIRTY on them so I’m having fun deciding which description fits the one I’ll be sending it to.  In some of the cards I'll be putting in a package of flower seeds,  as thoughts of growing something always gives us a good feeling.   

I try to find something cheerful or comforting to do each day trying to improve my attitude. Here’s hoping that my trip to church this morning will help get me get through another work week .

As always you are all in my prayers.

 

Thought for Today !

Two things are hard on the heart -- running up stairs

and running down people

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and

lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still lots of sunshine here ,wish I could send you some over ,I loved the blessings one today ,The valetine ideas are lovely your family will be so pleased and are so blessed to have such a thoughtful loving Mum/Gran  ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It has been glorious here..I spent the day pottering around the yard yesterday..planted some new flowers in my containers..swept off the deck..read my book..i did not come in till the sun went down! It was heavenly...i hope spring hurrys up for you!
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

The Valentines sound awesome!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

What nicer gifts could you give.They sound wonderful.I am so happy you have something pleasant to occupy your mind,on your those cold days.It's been like summer here and the tourists are all calling in to go on the beach.Very busy it is.Soon be your turn Pam.Have a blessed Sunday and I hope you feel refreshed at the end of it.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh I think it is so neat that you send out Valentines to all your family!!  I'm at home this morning with the cough now.  Not going to cough all thru church.  Good news is it is giving me time to come visit journals.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Thats a great idea of putting seeds in the valentines you send. I may try that if I can get shopping. We didn't go to church today, My husband said it is way to cold to go out. 10 below with wind chill at down to -50. The weather man said yesterday it is rare for it to go below 0 after the middle of Feb. Lets hope we don't get anything rare. Hope you are having a nice day in spite of the weather :)
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I hope the Winter blahs...just go away fast...feel that way too here at times.  The Valentine's Day cards are so nice to send out...I do them too for some of my relatives.  I hope your Sunday is relaxing...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I noticed yesterday it was almost 6pm and the sun was just going down.... I too need that sun to function.
Have a great Monday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Great entry as usual. :) Thank you for keeping all of us in your prayers. :-) God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you to send Valentine cards to your family.  You always seem to do the most thoughtful things.

Hollie