Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 26

Peace.

May peace be with you.

What a wonderful part of life peace is, and how little of it we tend to see in the hustle and bustle of daily life.

 

The surface of life is also in a state of constant flux, with good days and bad, victory and defeat. To maintain, as the ocean does, a deep inner calm, while the storms of misfortune, reverses, fears and worries lash at the surface of life, is to discover the secret of serenity. . .

Some people are ocean personalities. In their inner depths they are not defeated by what happens to them. The towering waves of circumstances cannot reach us when we go deep within to seek the peace that passes all understanding. While the surface of life is in turmoil we can find an inner calmness to see us through.

Wilferd A. Peterson

GOOD MORNING !

We are under a winter storm warning here…snow snow and more snow so I’m not very peaceful this morning. When I hear weather reports like the one we have for today I tend to get out of sorts because I know the roads will be hazardous and I have to be on them to go to work and I know I’ll have to go out and shovel that white stuff too.

I should know better than to get upset about it…what will be will be no matter what ….There is not one thing I can do about it, except stay in and that’s out of the question.

I'll just say a little prayer and put on my ***BIG SMILE ***and go ….

I owe… I owe… It’s off to work I go.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The important thing to remember is that peace comes from within your own heart and mind, not from some outside source, and when you refuse to be disturbed by things about you, life will flood your being with dynamic energy.

Anonymous

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and

lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you say there is really nothing you can do ,but please keep safe and warm ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sure pray that you are at work and safe and sound. Saying a prayer for your return home. :-) It helps me to try and laugh about some things because as you said.. there is nothing that we can do about some things. I am sure you will be happy to be home after work today. Have a blessed week. Janie

Anonymous said...

Oh this just isn't the camping weather I am dreaming of...............

Anonymous said...

Be safe!!
Linda :)