Monday, February 18, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 2, PAGE 18

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.

"So it is."

"And freezing."

"Is it?"

"Yes," said Eeyore.

 "However," he said, brightening up a little,

"we haven't had an earthquake lately."

 

A.A. Milne

 

GOOD MORNING !

I may have used this quote before but it is one of my favorites so forgive me if I repeat myself today.

Yesterday we had spring. We had some showers, then some glorious sunshine and temps in the 50’s and more rain showers with a little thunder thrown in. And yes, today we are back to snow and winter…but we haven’t had an earthquake around here for sure.

We do have to look at the bright side when things get us down and you know I’ve been trying hard to do that. The month of February is more than half over and Spring is about a month away now. That’s not so long to wait.

I had a great day with DD shopping on Sunday and got lots of goodies. I haven’t had time to take any pictures yet, but just know I will be the best dressed camper they’ll be seeing this year.

Back to work this morning…

I owe , I owe, it’s off to work I go….

 

Thought for Today

A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.

William Arthur Ward

 

May your day be filled with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that quote! We haven't had an earthquake around here lately....but ssshhhhhh....don't tell! As soon as I say it we'll have a shaker!
Enjoy your week.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy A A Milne ,and all his dear characters , I look forward to seeing the pictures from your shopping trip ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

No earthquakes here lately either.... lol.... that I felt anyway...
Have a great Monday!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Winnie the Pooh is my absolute favorite!!!  I wished the old ones still came on television!  My son & I watched it everyday when he was small. It was his favorite too.  Now he acts like he never liked it.....well he's a almost 16 now.  It's not cool to like silly things like that now.  That's another reason I love Pooh so much.  I miss out time together when he was a small child.  Sorry for reminiscing.  Your entry just brought back so real happy times for me.  Thanks for that.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

When I read that one of the regular journal writers was taking a leave because of so many negative journals she was reading, I thought to myself that she had not discovered yours.  I can always expect a breath of fresh air and a great deal of SONshine to warm my heart.  Keep on posting.  I, for one, need it.  Bless You!

Anonymous said...

No negativity here. Only sunshine and optimism and good thoughts to help me get through my day. It must sometimes be a struggle to be he bearer of such daily warmth and cheer, but seeing you overcome many little adversities makes me wonder what I could be feeling so grouchy about. There are a whole lot of good things out there in this world and I do not have to look too hard to find them. When it gets dark and cloudy it is just nice to come here and find a little signpost or directional pointer leading to all that sunshine.  Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

glad you had a fun time..I can't wait to see what you bought.
I love new clothes..

Anonymous said...

your right we always have to look on the bright side of things. I do wish spring would hurry up just a little bit. LOL.

Anonymous said...

The picture is pretty but I wouldn't want to be there right now. Brrrr looks cold. lol No, wouldn't want and earthquake either. lol Glad that you got lots of good bargains. :-) Wishing you a wonderful week and hope you get some sunshine at least a couple of days. :)  God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

It costs nothing to smile so why do we sometimes find it so hard??
Jenny <><